Do Kilrathi pur?

Its a throaty growl that a cat makes when it is happy. Kinda hard to explain cause it isnt like a meow, its like humming

Originally posted by mpanty
IThese are not pointless definitions... I'm no expert on this, so I don't know if an alien species could be classified as an "animal" if the case applies, but IMHO it does here.
IMHO, the Kilrathi are animals, and more specifically mammals...

I'd assume that you're correct in your opinion, but as you say yourself, they are aliens. They are also, as you say, aliens and our definitions apply only to creatures we've actually studied (so no aliens officially then).

The animal definition is incredibly broad, so that doesn't really help us.

The vertebrate definition is very clear, you have vertebrae, you're a vertebrate, end of discussion. If Kilrathi have backbones, we can call 'em vertebrates.

To call the Kilrathi feline would be inaccurate, as that relates to terran cats. We could say that they have feline characteristics, but nothing more specific than that as they are not, in any way, terran cats, or related to them. Unless there's something we're not being told.

To call they mammels would also be inaccurate without extensive knowledge of their biology. To do this assumes that they can control their temperature in the same manner as us, suckle their young in the same manner, reproduce in a similar manner etc...

ok Pur is the sound, will will explaing it you u in spanich Ghost, u are from arginatina right

Es el sonidp que hacen los gatos cuendo los acaricias, es el sonico de cuando le gusta algo.

Hey if the reply bproke any rule, I haven't found one that said I can not do this.

Does the Kilrathei Enjoy sex like we humans do???

the I made a question that have insult anyone i undestand it if you delete is reply.

Originally posted by Ghost
I can´t find PUR in my dictionary., What is Pur???
The correct term is "purr"...
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=purr

purr (pûr) n.
1.The soft vibrant sound made by a cat.
I think "a purr" is "un ronroneo" en español... y "to purr" es "ronronear"... ;)
Originally posted by Dak

To call they mammals would also be inaccurate without extensive knowledge of their biology. To do this assumes that they can control their temperature in the same manner as us, suckle their young in the same manner, reproduce in a similar manner etc...
But they do reproduce in the same way... they have lair-mates, and I'm sure they undergo sexual reproduction...
Besides, we know Sivar is a female Goddess, and on the CCG card Sivar's blessing, we can see Sivar has round shapes on where the human breasts are supposed to be...

They're humanoid cats! :)

Originally posted by mpanty

But they do reproduce in the same way... they have lair-mates, and I'm sure they undergo sexual reproduction...
Besides, we know Sivar is a female Goddess, and on the CCG card Sivar's blessing, we can see Sivar has round shapes on where the human breasts are supposed to be...
They're humanoid cats! :)

True, you can't physiologically say they're mammals with any certainty, until you've dissected a few & studied them. Rather, the more common sense thing to do is to call them "mammals" as a descriptive (non-definitive) term. However, I remember the old adage: "If it walks like a duck, smells like a duck, sounds like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it MUST be.....A DUCK"

We don't know that they reproduce in the same manner or that they have backbones...

Evolutionarily, though, all animals classified as mammals are related... the Kilrathi would *not* be, which is probably the biggest reason I'd have not to classify them as such.

I think the proper way to end this "Are the Kilrathi mammals?" arguement is for someone to ask their science teacher / professor.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
We don't know that they reproduce in the same manner or that they have backbones...

Evolutionarily, though, all animals classified as mammals are related... the Kilrathi would *not* be, which is probably the biggest reason I'd have not to classify them as such.
Mmmhh... we don't know, but it is a fair assumption nonetheless... for all the points made below...

Thanks 15th Rampage and mpanty !!!
If the Kilrathi are well touched in some place, they will purr !!!

Maybe they like the place on their back just above their tail.
I know my cat does... And so did my uncles dog btw.

And please, *don't* say the fact my cat likes that doesn't mean Kilrathi must because they're not Terran felines...
I got the point! :rolleyes:

Master of Puppets, pulling your strings
Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, I'll hear you scream
*Master*
*Master*
Just call my name, I'll hear you scream
*Master*
*Master*

Huh, what?!?
Oh, sorry 'bout that.