Did this ever happen to you?

Originally posted by TC
IT'S A FRICKEN CUTSCENE YOU FOOLS
TC, you remind me of the first time I played Secret Missions 1 in the first Wing Commander, and did missions 1 and 2 over and over again, because I thought I could save Goddard...

Boy that was sad... (TC, please do not add "indeed" :p)

Well... I did realise that where was no way I could save Shadow in WC2... and that was my first WC game.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Well... I did realise that where was no way I could save Shadow in WC2... and that was my first WC game.
I think I did that mission only twice, he he... :)
"Just to check", you know... ;)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-27-2001 at 21:41]

You should know by now that WC1 pilots (save for Maniac) follow your orders to the letter. WC2 pilots, in general, don't. :)

Funny, if you eject during the Heaven's Gate strike mission, before Spirit sacrifices herself, the game carries on without Spirit. Also, I sometimes skip the suicide cutscene so fast that Spirit is still on my wing when it returns to flight. Pity she doesn't stay with you after the mission.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Has somebody an idea (and is willing to tell me) which of the SO cutscenes will let me jump in?
IIRC, only two: Viral Legacy (Devastator) and Duel (Panther). The former is the one we've been discussing, the latter is not very interesting - your IFF is set to the Nephilim's side, and you're hundreds of thousands of klicks away. And the Hydra cruiser uses the 'other' name "Marlin".

Well thank you, Wedge. Now of course I have to check after which mission these particular scenes appear. You do not know it by heart, by any chance... ;)

The Viral Legacy cutscene appears after D5: Cygnus 98.40 - Rising Blocks

The Duel scene appears after E4a - Luyten 06.Z3 : Long Range Strike or E4b - Luyten 08.A4 : Two Phase Strike.

heh heh... that reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons...

Mayor on TV: Thanks for your help, MacGiver!

MacGiver: Don't thank me, mayor. Thank the moon's gravitational pull.

hehe... thank you, SOGuide. :p

Back