Did this ever happen to you?

Supdon3

Kal-El
Totally weird but i was just playing Secret Ops and i got to the point where the Vesuvius class ship is destroyed but instead of the cut scene that i always saw before all of a sudden im in a Devestator and can actually fly and fire. I manage to get a look at the Vesuvius and take a few pot shots at the enemy carrier before its over, but this has never happened to me before and i was just wondering if im either having a total blackout of it happening before or if theres certain things you can do be a part of it, or maybe something went wrong...

Some of the cutscenes didn't lock out the F1 key. You can jump into one of the ships and fly around and stuff.

TC

F1 being the forward view key. Pressing the forward view button on your joystick would also have the same effect.

Wow, thats some wild stuff. For a moment i thought i might be able to save the day but there are to many enemies and no time. Its probably because of my joystick. Its constantly bouncing the view around thanks to my stupid hat switch. At least once every twenty seconds i have to switch the view back to the front because it switched to a side view all on its own.:( And now the trigger isnt working a third of the time, i have to keep one finger on the space bar just in case. Sigh, time for a new joystick i guess. But this one has been with me forever.

It is alittle odd when you first hear it (not that i disbelevied you before) but i guess it just happened to a bunch of people now

A nice easter egg? It just adds to the frustration of gamers! You don't know you can't save it, so you try and try harder each time to no avail!

Not knowing you can't save something sucks. I remember the first time I played WCIV I had a devotion to Confed. I didn't join Eisen either time he tried to get me go, and tried for the longest time to save the Lexington. I just assumed it was a really hard mission. I stayed with Confed really because the Seether stuff in the beggining didn't have much of an impact on me because I: 1) Didn't say anything to him at the bar, so I didn't see him yet 2) Didn't try to sneak a look at at him before Eisen defected.

So he just appeared out of nowhere, and I didn't really think much of it. Finally, I got pissed off and used an old save game and joined the Captain.

A nice easter egg? It just adds to the frustration of gamers! You don't know you can't save it, so you try and try harder each time to no avail!

Except it's a cutscene... why would you try and beat a cutscene over and over again... that's just stupid.

TC

I once tried to kill all the bugs in the St Helens cutscene using the Ctrl-F12 cheat, just for the sake of it. However, the cutscene script still carries on in the background, and having no Manta bombers for the 'camera' to follow crashed the game.

Easier said than done when you're frantically trying to kill them all in a few seconds. And doesn't that defeat the purpose of defending your carrier? Leaving the bombers alive? :)

WELL MAYBE WE AREN'T AS FRIKKEN SMART AS YOU, FOOL!

Some people may not know that its just a cutscene, they may have pressed f1 accidently. Accidents happen, and as a result, many things are discovered BY accident, without knowing the effects. This is one of those.

To you and me, we might figure it out, however some may not! In a sense, that is frustrating. Think of other gamers!

Think of other gamers that might repeatedly try to beat a cutscene even after they move past it into a mission and it obviously isn't part of a game?

I believe the first impressions of anyone that had it happen to them if they had never been through it before is that for some reason they are allowed to experience that scene first hand, but considering how quickly everything happened, would have little doubt as to whether you can win it or not. Its more confusing to have it happen when youve seen the cut scene before and then sometime later you play it again and all of a sudden your in it. That was my experience.

You see the loading-mission screen, and then you see a view from a detached camera - the whole thing practically screams it's a cutscene :). And it's not like the idea of in-game cutscenes is new - you've seen three or four of them by this time. So, no matter how quickly you press F1, you oughta still be able to figure out that you are in a cutscene.

But my joystick is crazy. Sometimes i'll be ok for a while but other times my hat switch gets all spasdic and starts switching views on me, which sucks when im on someones tail, but also would stick me in the cutscene so fast i woudlnt know what happened.

Back