Dekker in new commercial

ZFGokuSSJ1

Rear Admiral
The guy that played Dekker (the name escapes me right now) is in a new commercial, it's a Twix commercial. I can't remember the character name (wow, character names in commercials!) but you'll recognize him. :)

I actually saw another Wing Commander guy in a commercial recently. I can't remember what the ad was for but it had that guy in it who gave Casey Hawk's knife. He was a bus driver and he looked really mad cause some kid on the bus was annoying. I just can't remember what it was for though.

Shipgate said:
I actually saw another Wing Commander guy in a commercial recently. I can't remember what the ad was for but it had that guy in it who gave Casey Hawk's knife. He was a bus driver and he looked really mad cause some kid on the bus was annoying. I just can't remember what it was for though.
Spyder?

Jeremy Roberts is the kinda guy who strikes me as really nice - but would take on any roll he could get so he can pay his electrical bill that month.

If you watch closely, Jeremy Roberts (Dekker) is also the navigator on the Excelsior in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. The guy that played Rollins is also the navigator in Mephis Belle.

The dude that played Rollins (name escapes me) was on an episode of Charmed where he had long hair and a goatee. I also saw a recent commerical with Spyder. It blew my mind. And as for Dekker in ST6, you don't even have to watch closely. He has quite a few lines, IIRC.

And the guy that plays David Hassan in Privateer 2 (what's his name?), I saw him in this movie about Vietnam with Robert de Niro, where he plays a lot of Russian roulette, and a lot of other stuff, too... :p

I hope no one ever invents some kind of Internet Movie Database, because that would really ruin these threads.

Correction the guy who played Rollins was a waist gunner in Memphis Belle. D.B. Sweeny weas the navigator.

If you pay attention, in WC4 when Blair arrives on the Lexington & meets the newbies listening to Maniac, one of those newbies plays Rico in Starship Troopers.
And Blair in WC3/4/Prophecy ... isn't that the guy from Star Wars ? :D

Fatcat said:
If you watch closely, Jeremy Roberts (Dekker) is also the navigator on the Excelsior in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. The guy that played Rollins is also the navigator in Mephis Belle.

Ooh, and watch closely also for Christian Slater. It's hard to see him cause it's dark.

This week on Star Trek: Enterprise (probably an old episode for people in the US) the scientist that was being tortured was played by the actor who was Pliers in WC4. I wasn't sure at first but when he spoke his voice was a dead give away.

Although this has nothing to do with wing commander, the person who was torturing Pliers... I mean the scientist, was the guy who played Data in TNG. It was funny to see him without the white face paint and acting like a normal person rather than a (quite intelligent) robot.

Dralthi5 said:
And the guy that plays David Hassan in Privateer 2 (what's his name?), I saw him in this movie about Vietnam with Robert de Niro, where he plays a lot of Russian roulette, and a lot of other stuff, too... :p

Yes, I think you'll find that Christopher Walken plays in several several movies...he's actually a successful actor, not a stand in for soap commercials.

luminon said:
Although this has nothing to do with wing commander, the person who was torturing Pliers... I mean the scientist, was the guy who played Data in TNG. It was funny to see him without the white face paint and acting like a normal person rather than a (quite intelligent) robot.

Would that have been the time in Enterprise when Spiner was reprising the role of Dr. Noonien Soong, who was Data's creator?

Confed said:
If you pay attention, in WC4 when Blair arrives on the Lexington & meets the newbies listening to Maniac, one of those newbies plays Rico in Starship Troopers.
And Blair in WC3/4/Prophecy ... isn't that the guy from Star Wars ? :D

At least the guy (from starship troopers) can tell his kids that he was in a successful/good production, then, if only for a minute. :p

And that Tolwyn guy, isn't he in a movie or three? :p

Maj.Striker said:
Yes, I think you'll find that Christopher Walken plays in several several movies...he's actually a successful actor, not a stand in for soap commercials.

Hmmm... yes, I'm well aware... My attempt at humor obviously fell flat.

Fatcat said:
If you watch closely, Jeremy Roberts (Dekker) is also the navigator on the Excelsior in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
He plays the same role in an episode of ST Voyager ("Flashback").

Richard Riehle (Pliers) was also on Voyager in the Fair Haven episodes.

John Rhys-Davies (Paladin) was obviously on Voyager, too (as Leonardo Da Vinci).

Fatcat said:
If you watch closely, Jeremy Roberts (Dekker) is also the navigator on the Excelsior in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country...
There is an editing/continuity gaffe involving Robert's character in ST6 -- I can't believe it was missed by the editor and numerous other production people and then the test audiences as well -- it still hasn't been corrected in the latest DVD re-release (Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country Special Collector's Edition DVD) either!

When Robert's character (Lt. Dmitri Valtane) first appears in the film (~ 03:40), he can be seen walking across the bridge to Sulu, delivering a rather large electronic pad for inspection by Sulu in one shot, which then cuts to Sulu's tea shaking. This is followed by a quick cut back to a headshot of Sulu with Valtane beside him and then back to to the tea shaking. This is followed by a wider shot of the bridge with Sulu in his chair and Valtane standing beside him, as well as some other officers in the background. The next shot is a brief cut to two anxious looking officers holding onto a bulkhead -- I believe the chap on the right may be Nicholas Meyer, who directed ST2 and ST6. So far so good.

Here's where the gaffe occurs. The next shot includes two officers in the lower half of the screen, again looking anxiously past the camera, while in between these two officers, in the middle of the shot is one Mr Valtane leaning on a bank of monitors -- how did he suddenly get back here? This then cuts back to Sulu's tea rattling about and then falling on to the floor and then back to a wider shot of Sulu in his chair with other officers in the background and Valtane turning from the side of Sulu's chair to head back to the various consoles at the rear of the bridge. The next shot is of Valtane sitting down in front of the bank of consoles and reporting back to Sulu regarding the approaching energy wave.

Now I realise this must seem very pedantic, but I'm just quite astounded that such a visible slipup wasn't spotted and fixed, given the number of people generally involved in a film's post production and for it to remain uncut a number of re-releases and "Director's cuts" later.

Cheers,

BrynS

Back