Defection

That question is decided by whoever ends up writing history. If things had gone differently, we might be celebrating Gen. Benedict Arnold's birthday over here in America.

What would you have done with a person you have arrested that have defected from your platoon, ship or something else in the army?

Not too long ago, a traitor who was caught trying to defect to an enemy army would be quickly tried and shot, but today he would probably be given a touchy-feely counseling session to explore his dissatisfaction.

If I caught a guy bailing on my group, I'd treat him like a hostile target...
a. capture if unarmed
b. if he had so much as a pocket-knife, blow his skull open

TopGun said:
But Blair Defected because Confed were in the wrong

But that is because we are told the story from Blair's perspective. If we were told the sotry from the perspective of a confed rookie pilot striaght from the academy, and fresh with idealism, we would have a very different story. Point being that being a traitor or defector is based on the side you are on and perspective you have or are looking at the situation from.

If you play WC4 and bring Blair to the assembly where Tolwyn is declared Space Marshall, and you don't use the correct cinema choices, Blair is executed -- for treason, I think, but it's been a long time since I've watched that scene.

You get executed if you choose all the wrong things but don't wait right off the bat...I think...I do remember trying to fail it to get shot though....

Yea, you get shot if you don't "Seize the moment..." or if you say some stupid things or bring up smaller points. Examples being weather or not you bring up the secret fighters (not out of the ordinary for new fighters, plus you flew in on one yourself) or bioweapons (realy nasty thing to put under the nose of the guy responsible.) You can generaly tell how your doing based on the assmembly's reaction, weather it's just a general murmur or if they are shouting in outrage. The key is when Blair asks tolwyn what the price of freedom is. If tolwyn responds with "The price of Freedom is eternal vigilence" youve lost. If he starts babling about the Kilarthi being strong and society crumbling, you've won. (I played this game a whole hell of alot)

Is it worth "seizing the moment" then saying stupid things as Blair? Any funny or interesting dialogue? I never tried it before, didn't seem worth my time, but who knows.

Why does it say "Traitors never win" if you fire on your own guys when the very idea behind the plot of the game is to in fact become a traitor to the Confederation? A joke?

McGruff said:
My girlfriend made me sit through Fools Rush In the other night. - arrrgh

Really? Yeah, that ending does suck. And it's like you have to fly the mission all over again just to try it the right way. You and your girlfriend watch Wing Commander cinematics together often?

Shipgate said:
Really? Yeah, that ending does suck. And it's like you have to fly the mission all over again just to try it the right way. You and your girlfriend watch Wing Commander cinematics together often?

I think he means the movie from a few years back.

foolsrush.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I detest anything that contains a member of the cast of Friends.

If the next WC game has a Friends cast member in it, I'll probably not play it. That's how much I hate Friends.

Back