Defection

overmortal said:
I detest anything that contains a member of the cast of Friends.

If the next WC game has a Friends cast member in it, I'll probably not play it. That's how much I hate Friends.

Is that why you've never seen Band of Brothers? :(

Or at the other end of the spectrum, Office Space.

Racism against former Friends cast members is the worst kind.

Be that as it may, I have standards. I'm pretty much against Will and Grace, too. And The Nanny. All very very annoying shows.

That's probably why I don't watch much tv.

Poor, poor Overmortal. Not only do your 'standards' keep you form watching one of the best miniseries ever in Band of Brothers (wonderful series nominated for 19 Emmys - winning 6 of them, including Best Miniseries and Outstanding Direction in a Miniseries or Movie - and receiving a Peabody Award), but you also miss out on one of the greatest and influencial TV series of the late 80's in The Wonder Years (David Schwimmer) and one of the best TV series of the early 90's (maybe only my opinion) in Mad About You (Lisa Kudrow, playing the twin sister of Friends Pheobe). I cringe when I think what your childhood/teens must have been like without Kevin and Winnie or Paul and Jamie. :(

C-ya

I absolutely hate those shows, I cant stand them. Everybody loves Raymond too.I cant stand Ray Ramano, he sucks as an actor IMHO. Ive gotten along well so far without watching any of those shows, mostly because I hang with people that dont watch those shows and we usually just go out, get drunk, and have fun lol, that beats some TV show anyday.

Not watching TV is a good thing, usually, even if a few select show are good (BoB, MaY). But Not Watching TV is probably considered High Treason in the US of NA.

but here in Canada, I got lots of stuff to do outside. I live on a farm so theres lots of outdoors work to keep me busy.

I defected from TV some time ago.

Except for The Simpsons, and Futurama. I still watch those (Usually, Futurama I watch on DVD).

Was Futurama cancelled? how many seasons did it last? it was trully a masterpiece, but I can understand why it didn't last, it was to mature and deep (in a satiric cartoon way) sometimes. The episode where the dog waits forever for the main guy always makes me sad. Especially because the play the "Paraplues de Cherbourg" main theme.

Futurama had at least three seasons. I have seasons two and three on DVD, and they keep making snickering remarks about a fourth season, as if it's an impossibility.

No they don't. Those commentaries were recorded well into the production of the fourth season.... they frequently reference things that happen in ('yet to air') season four episodes.

(Futurama had four production seasons, aired over five years - that's a heck of a lot for an expensive little genre show... not that it isn't a shame that it was cancelled.)

Bandit LOAF said:
No they don't. Those commentaries were recorded well into the production of the fourth season.... they frequently reference things that happen in ('yet to air') season four episodes.

(Futurama had four production seasons, aired over five years - that's a heck of a lot for an expensive little genre show... not that it isn't a shame that it was cancelled.)

A fourth season, eh? Hmm . . . now I want it on dvd. I can't find the first season, either. Very frustrating.

Fourth season comes out in August (in the US - it's already out in R2).

First season is readily available both online and in brick and mortar stores - though you'd do best to wait until August when there'll certainly be a "Buy 2, Save X" deal of some sort.

My local Wal-mart doesn't have season 1. That's about the only store in this are worth looking in for dvds. I'll have to make a trip to Hickory, or maybe Winston. Maybe even Charlotte . . .

Back