Dead Pilots

Thank you for clear things up for me.
I always chose Rachel since I am lo lazy to config my ship anyways(had a bad suprise after choising flint since my figther did not have any missiles loaded)
I made the 3 hero of the war movies but I like the Rachel one better.

Originally posted by Dragon
since chosing Rachel you lost Flint as a wingman and she is not avaible to the run to kilrah?
No, as long as you don't talk to Flint in the elevator after you choose Rachel, she'll fly with you.
and how Flash died? I remenber having him on the run to kilrah mission as a wingman.
Flash doesn't necesarily get killed in the game...

Dragon: What kind of professional pilot doesn't check to see if he's got any missiles loaded? One would think the empty boxes denoting your hardpoints, would be enough of a hint, when picking a ship.

well I always take the standart loadout, how did I know that Rachel did not load It.
And I check if my weapons are working as soon as I am spaceborn by firing a couple of shoots.
I also take Rachel because I am afraid that she puts a Torpedo detonator in my engines.

On a sidenote, does anybody else apart from me think that the whole romantic subplot of WC3 ended in a pathethic way? Well, what I mean is that whole 'vengeance' thing... you go after Flint, so Rachael stops servicing your fighter, or you go after Rachael and Flint stops flying. I mean, what the hell is this? I thought we had a War on? Isn't refusing to perform your duties essentially mutiny, and punishable by death? Or is it that Blair and Eisen are determined to keep up some of that 'leisure cruiser' atmosphere aboard the Victory, even if it kills them?

Dragon: If you reject Rachel then speak to her immediately afterward she states that you can service your own loadouts from now on. And I emphasize the empty boxes denoting your hardpoints on the loadout screen when you pick a ship.
Finally afraid of Rachel? You're a Colonel in the Terran Confederation Space Force, a decorated war veteran and hero. Where's your backbone? Don't tell me the almighty Heart of the Tiger calls retreat when some broad gets pissed? ;)

Quarto/Twister: Yeah I agree. But to be honest I thought the whole romance thing wasn't well developed. I mean Blair's spends all his time pining about Angel, finds out she's dead then runs to the nearest friendly shoulder? Particularly females in the same service as he is - aren't there any rules against that sort of fraternising?

Originally posted by Earthworm
No, as long as you don't talk to Flint in the elevator after you choose Rachel, she'll fly with you.

Crikey, never noticed that.

And I've already made my input into the romance subplot idea. I still think Blair would have been more subtle. So you've got two of your favourite girls at the bar. I'm sure most 'normal' people would chat to both at the same time rather than pash one and snub the other. And I'm sure Rachael has to service Flint's fighter too.

Interestingly enough, when I chose the 'ignorance' option, the two girls stayed at the bar for most of the missions after, until you go to Kilrah.

Originally posted by Earthworm

Crikey, never noticed that.

And I've already made my input into the romance subplot idea. I still think Blair would have been more subtle. So you've got two of your favourite girls at the bar. I'm sure most 'normal' people would chat to both at the same time rather than pash one and snub the other. And I'm sure Rachael has to service Flint's fighter too.

Interestingly enough, when I chose the 'ignorance' option, the two girls stayed at the bar for most of the missions after, until you go to Kilrah.

And actually, Blair doesn't earn his 'hero' HoT title until afterwards. So :p

There is a way to get both Rachel and Flint to still be your friend, that is, you can turn both of them down, and then they are both still nice to you. Since I was a coward and Flint was one of my favorite wingmen, that is what I often choose also I thought they were comming on way to soon after I found out Angel died.

and you get a very long trip back to earth without a "friend"
My favority wingman was hobbes.
Heart of the Tiger was a pet name for Blair because he flew from the TCS Tiger Claws.

Penguin: Quite. It makes it seem like there really wasn't that much between Blair and Angel (actually, the WC3 novel has moments where it seems, at least to me, to imply that).

I can't speculate on the WC3 novel, having not read it, but after playing through WC2 I wondered about their relationship. I mean they're friends, then Spirit dies, and they get together. Its like it was just a way to get over losing a special friend rather than true romance.

I also did not read the novel.but I always belive that Blair truly loved Angel,it was more that Brothers in..Brothers and Sisters in arms.
If they were not that close why paladin did not tell him the truth about angel being killed in kilrah.
I understand blair going for rachel(or flint) since he needed to be loved after losing angel.
And hell was she a cute one.

Not to sound like Earthworm, but what the hell are you people smoking? Blair and Angel not close? Did you all lose your brains in hideous train accidents?

Hm, I wonder if I should find that insluting...:)

But yeah, you'd have to be brain dead not to see what's going on between the two (espeically if you've read PS:)).

I'm not saying that Blair & Angel weren't close. Its just that some things don't ring true. I mean if Blair really was that close to Angel, why'd he run off so quick to either Flint or Rachel?

he was lonely and lost angel and they like him and there was not a spaceport in 5 system and he was getting cold at his bed and he is not gay and rachel/flint were good loking womans and hell why not puting a romance in the game.

He didn't exactly have time to wait, you know... with the suicidal mission coming up and all.:) He just needed someone and didn't have to luxury to wait untill he trully got over Angel.

What the hell?!! :confused:
If Blair really was in love with Angel then he wouldn't have run off to the nearest broad. Geez. If you really love someone, you take the time to mourn. And if a suicide mission is coming up, if there are some hot looking women that want you, well tough. Geez he shouldn't even have noticed them.

Back