Darket Light Fighter

You do know what
top_profile.gif
is, don't you? ;)

I started off doing Trek ships too, then I branched off and once I complete my WC movie I plan to go into character modeling. :)

Cool

Most of my Trek Models at of my own Design, if you want I'll show you some pics of a few?

You ought to port some of your work over to Freelancer. I surely wouldn't mind having a Dralthi. (Of course, it'd require altering the model a bit, removing the gun barrels from it and limiting the max turn on the mountable gimbals to 0... which isn't actually that hard... the guns could actually be mounted on model hardpoints inside the model itself, so only the very tips of the guns were revealed)

Ok Cam here some pics of a Starship of mine, I called U.S.S. Hurricane NX-80000

Fore View:

USS_Hurricane_Final01.jpg

Dorsal View:

USS_Hurricane_Final03.jpg

Starbaord View:

USS_Hurricane_Final05.jpg

Here's some pics of my latest model, not come up with a name yet

New_Ship_Update01.jpg

New_Ship_Update02.jpg

Interesting designs Top Gun. Is the chunky one a carrier? :)

Do you always model so low-poly? Are they for games or something? If not you should do some detailed versions.

Well Cam if Im not mistaken TopGun wants to make a mod or something and he is designing models for it......

Maybe you should show him ;)

Heh. I'd put some of my models up, but they're all of buildings. (I gave the DWG of my motorway service station, Hydrogen plant and hotel to my friend Mark studying Computer Games Design and Virtual Reality at Hull University to insert into UT 2003 and render up as a new deathmatch level, but I haven't heard anything yet :( )

Originally posted by Cam
Interesting designs Top Gun. Is the chunky one a carrier? :)

Do you always model so low-poly? Are they for games or something? If not you should do some detailed versions.

The "Chunky" one is a Torpedo-Boat (It has 18 Tubes, 14 Fore and 4 Aft). The Polycount is 14286.

The reason I made that model was to try and put it into Star Trek: Bridge Commander, but I haven't been succesful yet, the polycount is too high for BC.

I can't remember whar the polycount of the other model is at the moment.

I got Bridge Commander out of Playtimes bargain bin for £4.99, it's not bad, although your torpedo boat might be the only decent ship in the entire game. Don't get me wrong, I quite like it (even if it is Star Trek:) ) but torpedoes are the only things that do any decent damage, You'd still be there plugging away with phasers half an hour later if you didn't have any

Originally posted by Wedge009
Why so sad? Please tell me you're kidding.

Hey, it's all I can do to figure out how to do THIS, much less all that other stuff you guys do.

Well, I thought you already knew, since you already have a signature of some sort. Go ahead and click the button - it really is quite intuitive.

Back