Current Poll: Wing Commander on NextGen System?

Funny, I never had any crashes on SL. My biggest problem was with the very very heavy mission scripting... I otherwise liked it very much.

Maj.Striker said:
Yeah, I never suffered any problems with SL either...must be the rig.

It's more than just my rig. Check out some of the Starlancer forums out there. There is an EAX issue, plus a few crash bugs.

Only problem I know was when people would set their audio hardware acceleration...turn that off and it would typically work fine.

Yeah, if you turn down the options SL runs just fine - but his point was that the game was never patched, and most of the problems with the game COULD be fixed with a simple patch - they just never were.

It's disappointing in alot of ways, because the game would be more popular now if people could play it without random crashes to desktop.

And if the mission programmer had ever released his Mission Editor for the game.

If they made another SL Game for any system I'd buy two and sell my soul to the CIC Finance Company to play it for an hour. SL, to me, was as good as Wing Commander (Except for the Character interaction, of which in SL there was about...uh..none.).

Jason_Ryock said:
And if the mission programmer had ever released his Mission Editor for the game.

Yeah, that would have greatly increased SL's replayability. I remember over at TLR we kept hounding them for the editor but nothing ever came of it. A real shame truly.

(Except for the Character interaction, of which in SL there was about...uh..none.).

True, I was quite disappointed in that aspect of SL, if there had been good character interaction the game would have been greatly enhanced...the gameplay was fantastic; combine that with a good character plot...whoa! :)

Bandit LOAF said:
And I don't think StarLancer's interactive fish tank was interactive enough!

Maybe it would have been cool, if you could kill it through not feeding it :D

Back