Crazy stuff in SO1

Kamen didn't do Saving Private Ryan. That was John Williams. :)
Kamen also did the orchestrations for Pink Floyd's "The Wall". I think that speaks for it's self. His work on S&M was wonderful, esp on Master of Puppets and Battery, but it's still not half as awe-inspiring as Apocalyptica: 4 guys playing Metallica on cello?
Good god, it's gorgeous.

My school didn't have an orchestra, Sup. It was quite large though. Our band was about 100 and our choir about 130. Then it broke down to "Jazz Band", "Jazz Ensamble A", etc.

I had nothing to do with them. The director wouldn't hear of my suggestions of playing Krystopher Penderecki. :D

I was surprised twice when my high school band played the theme to Jurassic Park, and then at a football game played the theme to Star Trek Generations. I have no idea what the numbers of the members of band and orchastra and the others but it was a lot. So maybe they did have a 90 piece orchestra.

My HS football team scared the other team into submission by marching onto the field to our band and choir blasting Carl Orff's "O Fortuna".

I suggested Krystopher Penderecki, but nooooooo, he's too obscure and too... fucked up... :D

Originally posted by LeHah
Kamen didn't do Saving Private Ryan. That was John Williams. :)
All right, my mistake. Must've been the Matrix then, cause I saw both SPR and the Matrix recently, and I remember seeing Kamen in the intro credits of at least one.

"The Matrix" was Don Davis, who recently did Jurassic Park III.

(UGH)

Oh man, I pulled out one of my high school year books to see what the band numbers were and then I started reading the signatures. I dont even remember who some of these people are! Others are cracking me up. On guy wrote really really small. Ah, memories.

At least you didn't get a rather... graphicly lewd picture from a good looking girl in yours. That was just... wow...

I guess it depends on what the picture is...

I do have a large signature that covers two pages in the index by a girl that is useless human trash though...

Originally posted by LeHah
"The Matrix" was Don Davis, who recently did Jurassic Park III.

(UGH)
Argh, I can't stand this. Now I'll be thinking all day about what movie I did see that had Michael Kamen in the credits. It was during the last few weeks, I know that.
*grinds teeth*

Go to us.imdb.com and take a look at Kamen's extensive resume.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Oh man, I pulled out one of my high school year books to see what the band numbers were and then I started reading the signatures. I dont even remember who some of these people are! Others are cracking me up. On guy wrote really really small. Ah, memories.

"To find true happiness, reminisce."

(Doesn't someone have that in their sig?)

God I love that WC2 end game victory music.

Im just glad SO2 doesnt end with a flight deck full of people cheering you AGAIN. Especially when there wasnt a lot to cheer about.

Oh yeah, that music is so cool!
Is there an instrumental version around anywhere, do you know?
The MIDI's cool, but I want MORE!

Back