Confederation Handbook Cover

Hero

Spaceman
Hey all, long time no see.

While not having a working computer from the last few monthes, I did have my new WC books (FF, TPOF, FC, Movie Novel and the Handbook), and I'm still waiting for the rest (though I still need to find a way to get my hands on ER, but that's another story
wink2.gif
).

Anyway, I've noticed a picture of Admiral Wilson on the cover of the Confederation Handbook, wearing a strange armor with the Pilgrim cross on it and holding a rifle. I was wondering if that pic was supposed to be from the cut out parts of the movie?

Oh yeah, it's nice to be back
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Definetly. If you read the novel, there was supposed to be a Pilgrim traitor (Wilson) subplot that was left out of the movie.

The traitor subplot adds a lot to the story, I think. For one, it actually makes it make sense why Pegasus couldn't detect all those freaking Dralthi!
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

In one of the beginning scenes for the WCM the console operator left his terminal. The panning camera tracked him moving away then turned to face the console, which only then showed the approaching Kilrathi on the radar screen. Besides when 40 capital ships line up on you the only direction you can go is belly up.
A neat thing about that battle is the Dralthi dive bombing the station. It actually sounded like real dive bombers and you could see their strafing fire drawing lines along the station. Very WWIIesque.

I too think that the traitor subplot adds alot, but I think that the knife fight bettwen Blair and Gerald wasn't in place. Besides, I've thought disobeying orders in a state of war was a penalty panishable by death, so Gerald should have killed Blair for leaving his station, a thing I think he would have done pleasurfully.

As for the Pegasus, that station had at least 20 concordia class ships docked in it, and none of them could detect the Kilrathi either (or at least the Tobi, which was already fully operational and undocked when the guy left his station).

20 Concordia ships?
confused.gif
What the? With such an arsenal Confed should've kicked ass!!!

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but IIRC, the ships in the dock looked like the Concordia. Now according to the Confederation Handbook, the Concordia is a Concordia class Supercruiser, so if the ships look like the Concordia, they must be Concordia class ships (maybe simpler version and not supercruisers, but Concordia class ships non the less).

Since all the missing scenes were filmed why can't Fox just release a special edition of the movie with them in? It could do what the Dircetors Cut did to Blade Runner and make fox some easy money at the same time
smile.gif

Damn I'd pay SO much to see the whole damn thing.

Yup, the Concordias in the movie are Concordia class super cruisers. They're excelent ships, but the Kilrathi at that time have two different types of dreadnoughts with similar power. Those Kilrathi dreadnoughts however, can cary much more fighters, while the Concordia, unless modified like the Olympus in PS, can only carry about 20.

Hey Hero, you still alive with all the stuff going on around?
BTW, I have End Run, and since I`ll be moving to your area for the next 3 years, I suppose I could loan you the book, if you like.

It takes more then that to get rid of me
wink2.gif

As for ER, I'd like that very much, and I can loan you the WCM DVD I have in return (if you haven't seen it already).
Why you're moving, if I may ask?

I`d love to see WCM on DVD. Only problem is, I don`t have a DVD.
smile.gif
(I suppose I could find a friend with one, though)

Why am I moving? I`m going to Ben-Gurion university to study computer sciences.

THat's kinda funny actually, 'cause my brother's just on his last year there
biggrin.gif

Sounds like you and your brother talk a helluva lot with each other...
wink2.gif

Wow, how nice that you made an effort to answer after 9 days.
smile.gif

More nice is the effort to mention my effort 2 days later
wink2.gif

Anyway, I took a little time off so I couldn't answer at the time even if I wanted to. I'll try not to make a habit out of it.

And as for my brother and I, since mostly he's not at home when I am, and I'm not at home when he is, we try to leave to unimportant things which we'll probably forget (such as what my brother's learning) from our very rare talks
smile.gif

Not yet, though I have, um... "flight tests" this week, so I hope I'll pass
biggrin.gif

Back