Confederation draft

Intercontenental balistic missles, smart bombs, microwaves, jet engien, radar, atomic power, Abomb, man on the moon, satilites, just to name a few.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.

On a sideline was there a population expolosion or what? For a war to go on for 30 odd years the death rate must have larger than the population growth rate. Considering this did they have incubators to produce the next generation and if not why did they ever allow the women to be in the armed forces. They would have needed the women to produce the next generation. Only need a few males.

Hey wait guys.. WE get to go up another rank.. I know this is old news or something but how many post does it take to get up to
2nd Lieutenant??

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

Nevermind i got it..

0-25 posts : Cadet
26-50 posts: 2nd Lieutenant
51-100 posts: 1st Lieutenant
101-200 posts: Captain
201-400 posts: Major
401-600 posts: Lieutenant Colonel
601-800 posts: Colonel
801-1000 posts: Brigadier General
More than 1000 posts: Lieutenant General
Moderator: Major General
Administrator: Admiral

------------------

~Gunner~

if some one makes it to Lieutenant General! that will be the day!

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

What was the first image on TV?
Wasn't it a very blocky image of Felix the Cat?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles."

I'm not sure... I do know that the first television trasnsmission to be sent out into space was of the 1936 olimpics. The Germans wanted to show their techinal abilities. Na na na na na na. We're smarter than you.

Speaking of women in the military. Were there any discharges due to pregnency? In the Gulf war, which lasted less than a year there were a number of these acasions. To think of it Blair and Angel did do the dirty deed. So when she was "gutted" in WC3 she could have been pregnant... Then again, they could have better birth control in the future.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.

Wasn't Shadow drafted ? When she died, Blair said to Angel that she was a month away to return home 'cause she'd had completed her service. Am I wrong ? Gotta play that mission again.

------------------

Shadow said she was a reservist. I think she was getting close to the retirement age for flying high performance fighters anyway though.
As for maintaining the population - there's always enough of everything to go around.

All I got to say is that the idea of a draft is something that should be abolished.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

just to return to the original topic both blair and vagabond were drafted in WC4. Come to think of it so was Vice admiral wilford but then again they were all in confed before they were drafted.

Actualy neither Blair or Vagabond were drafter, they were in active reserve, they get paid for doing nothing but they get called back to active duty if they are ever needed.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Good point... I'll bet Wilford wasn't in the border worlds active reserves though... Correct me if I'm wrong but at one point I believe he says the border worlds drafted him.. or they brought him out of retirement. I'll have to replay WC4. haven't played it in too long.

Wilford, in his words, was 'encouraged' to go to active duty in the BW navy, after he retired from the TCN as a Captain to the Border Worlds. He regained his Confed rank when reinstated to the TCN to be CO of the Midway in WCP; he also holds the rank of VADM in the UBW reserves.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 06, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I did not know that.

------------------

~Gunner~

Though, thinking about the active reserves, there were probibly very few of them (budget mentioned at the beggining of the game... or was it the novel) Blair and Vag were probibly only kept in the reserves because they were well known heros... You can't just throw the savior of mankind out on his butt when budget time comes :)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I know Vagabond stayed in reserve because he got to "greedy" as he said himself in WC4, but maybe you're right about Blair.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Back