Confederation Class?

was there an actual movie scene when capturing the princeton?
I never completed that mission

Alright, just remembering readin the events when the capture the ship in the novel. Would love to see the internal ship fights between the Border Worlders and the Super soldiers

Sarty said:
IIRC, the WC4 Lexington was originally planned as being a Confederation class, but was later switched to being a Concordia class for the game. The novel was based on the original plans. So while in-game the Lexington is a Concordia class, the novel is written under the assumption that it was a Confederation class. LOAF knows more about it.

OH MAN!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Thank god the Lexington wasnt made like that in the game... I dont know if I would have had the heart to take down another Confederation class... that would have been too much... even to just leech it would have been painful... yeah I'd probably still be playing Wing Commander 4 trying to find away around blasting that carrier....

I would caution you that he's only half serious. It's something that was talked about very early on (in reaction to the contracted script) but not ever implemented at all. There's all kinds of fan stories floating around about how they dropped the idea because they "couldn't figure out the flight deck" or that it was some kind of last minute alteration -- these are not true.

Still... the idea of having to shoot up a Confed class... scarey... In the defense of the PTC though, it seems Confed loves these "Fire and Forget" weapons... it tries them again on the Midway!

In the Confederation's defense, the Midway's giant space crystal is more of a unique event than it was part of the design.

Yeah i know, but the damn thing still seemed to be worthless, I mean the PTC could be reused once its cooled down, that stupid plasma gun couldnt be...

Right, but what LOAF is saying is that it wasn't even supposed to be used once. It was a piece of very alien technology that they were lucky to be able to jury rig together. It wasn't worthless, because they took out an alien fleet with it.

Even though the Plasma cannon captured from the Kracken couldn't be fired again. Confed could probably reverse engineer it to come up with a more useful weapon. Thats what happened with the Photon Acellaration Gun of the Sivar, it was reverse engineered and became the PTC. This is just speculation but if the Confederation Class were refited with a more powerful reactor it might make the chance of the PTC Overloading the reactor less likely because the reactor would have more power to spare.

Iceyl86 said:
Yeah i know, but the damn thing still seemed to be worthless, I mean the PTC could be reused once its cooled down, that stupid plasma gun couldnt be...

The plasma gun could be fired again, just at risk of blowing apart the midway (so it became somewhat like the PTC). we see it happen in one of the losing endgames in WCP.

Oh yeah I remember that cutsceen. A ton of fighters pour out of the wormhole, Midway charges the Gun but it overloads and there goes the neighborhood. Then it shows Confed HQ arround Jupiter geting blasted as a Kracken and Tiamet fly by.

Star Rider said:
Oh yeah I remember that cutsceen. A ton of fighters pour out of the wormhole, Midway charges the Gun but it overloads and there goes the neighborhood. Then it shows Confed HQ arround Jupiter geting blasted as a Kracken and Tiamet fly by.

yup, thatd be the scene alright.

for some reason I always liked watching the losin endgames cuz it shows what couldve happened if Blair (or Casey) screwed the pooch on a few missions.

Iceman16 said:
for some reason I always liked watching the losin endgames cuz it shows what couldve happened if Blair (or Casey) screwed the pooch on a few missions.

Hell, I used to lose the games, on occasion, just so the effort Origin put into creating the losing end scenes didn't go to waste, even if the logical side of me knew that my seeing them or not didn't affect Origin in the slightest. :)

Just for the record
I am a bit confused from the previous messages from the others.
I can remember 3 Confederation Class Dreadnaughts and there was mention that there was 6 Dreadnaughts
How many exactly were there and what were their names and ship registry number?

No one knows. The only formal answer to how many Confederation-class dreadnaughts are there is that there are at least two.

Yeah, but we don't actually know. Any website that says anything like that is making it up. (I explained earlier in this thread why six is a popular theory -- but it boils down to just not knowing.)

There's the TCS Confederation which was lost while attempting to fire the PTC at a Kilrathi Carrier. The Apocolipse which was part of the Sixth fleet in Deneb Sector lost during Kilrathi Deneb offensive. The Armagedden which was part of the third fleet after the Battle of Earth. And but cetainly not least the TCS Concordia. Flagship of Adimiral Geffory Tolwyn and the fourteenth fleet. I could list her accomplishments but that would take too long so I'll just say this about her. The Headliner the Showstopper, the Icon, the Main Event.

Yes, but that's just fan fiction that Fleet Tactics wrote, it doesn't come from anywhere in the Wing Commander continuity. We don't know what class of ship the TCS Armageddon is, we've never heard the TCS Apocalypse mentioned and we don't know how or whether the TCS Confederation was destroyed.

Back