Confed Flagship

Oh, give me a break, LeHah. What, does every old pilot have to ram his fighter down the throat of a carrier?

[Blair]Is this what I have to do to earn people's respect around here?[/Blair]

Now, look. He died inside an alien base, saving the universe as we know it. You can't get more heroic than that. Who cares if he didn't die in the cockpit? Would such a death make him more of a pilot, or more of a hero in your eyes?
Oh, and nobody wrote novels for WC1 or WC2 (well... yet) either. And WC1's story was also fairly slim, and neither used video at all. Do you also refuse to acknowledge them?

Death's Head:
Blair wasn't a pilot in WCP, and rightly so, since he was a dinosaur (let's ignore the fact that he and Maniac are just about the same age
wink.gif
). He was an officer in the Research Division, and certainly he wouldn't normally play an active role in a military campaign any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I didn't say Blair, I said you, and you at the time are Casey.

Maybe something like this:
Blair without his pistol, "Damn old bones, I can't even stand up strait and shoot a pistol anymore." The alian warlord blocks Blair's path to the Marine LC, standing strait up, over 12 feet tall, with his large forearms writhing about."Casey..."Blair pleads into his intercom,"You have to take out the last tower, now."
Shocked by this, Casey whines"But you'll be killed..."
"The aliens are coming through as we speak, there's no time for me to get out of here, do it Casey, for humanity"
Facing the large creature, awaiting his fate, with tachyon bolts pounding the tower armor..."So, you thought no one here could stop you?"Blair defiantly mocks the being who has ensured his death, at long last death had caught up with Blair, but he has made the ultimate sacrifice for his people.
In a dry shrill voice the alien replies: "This time, warrior we have become your prey, next time...you will be ours."
Blair motions for the warlord to come closer, and makes one last pride-filled remark, "Screw you."
The already swealtering humidity was getting worse rapidly as Casey's guns finally broke through the tower hull. The Wormhole gate breaks up rapidly, with some reinforcement arms balsted away from the wormhole, while others are pulled in. The arms of a new alien dreadnought break through the event-horizon just as the gate is rendered no more than floating pieces of a broken ring. The circle is broken, the Nephillim hold on Kilrathi space in finally broken. A support arm from the wormhole gate smashes into one of the dreadnought tentacles, severing the powerful forward plasma weapon from the monster ship. The wormhole callapses in on itself, shearing off the rest of the long dreadnought arms, and crushes in alien command ship with massive gravitational forces. And then, there is silence.

Something like that? Edited and reworked, of course.

Oh, sorry about that
smile.gif
. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.

But I don't think that's a good idea. Blair's acted the hero so many times, it sickens me when people insist that the HAS to die like a hero. I kinda like the way he died almost as an afterthought. It went to show that this thing ("thing" does not mean "bug"
smile.gif
) was way bigger than any of us. Besides, you really shouldn't have more than one "defiant till the end" death sequence for the same character. He'd been doing that since WC3
smile.gif

Yes, which means that he does things in ways that nobody expects him to
biggrin.gif
. Did you expect him to die like that?
biggrin.gif

Not at all, in fact I was damned surprised to see him attempt to fly again. When he recovered from being bounced around, I figuired he'd be transfered to a shuttle or something bound for Earth.

<chortles> Oh, I can just hear all those outraged comments from the dumber inhabitants of this chatzone. I think the notion of Blair being incapable of flying would drive them insane... if that is still possible
wink.gif

Chortles, hehe...haven't heard that word in...damn, I'm getting old.
frown.gif

About the sanity, you referring to rational thought? If you are referring to the self-appraisal of the effects instigated by certain haggis-brained lads actions, well, hehe.
smile.gif

Rational thought? There's precious little of it amongst some
biggrin.gif

As a matter of fact, I have all too many irrational thoughts.
biggrin.gif
Of course, I have strange irrational thoughts, rather than just plain dumb irrational thoughts
smile.gif

Death's Head said:
Uh oh, stone throwing has commenced.
smile.gif
Isn't that the norm for thos 'board.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

It is common for some, rare for others. Then again, it's seen most when there's nothing WC the person can talk about.
smile.gif

Between Quarto and I it isn't really stone throwing... more like friendly harrassment
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

TC we all do that to you

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

No Meson, you do not all DO that... most of you just try and fail horribly.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

You're right. We just harrass Canada.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Back