Concordia

I think I know what you're talking about. Seing how it's too large to be a Flak turret, I would assume it's one of the Anitmatter guns.

------------------
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
and the bodies of those adventurers who get bad advice.

Member of the LMG (Disgruntled Men)

Last edited by a moderator:
But the Concordia has 8 or 9 AMGs IIRC. I just assumed it was a sensor array or something like that. It does look a bit silly standing in the runway like that, I guess.

Actually, it has seven - no more, no less.

...And what better spot to place an AMG? It gives you a chance to kill incoming... glory-seekers.

And what worse place to put in sensors. A failed landing or take off, and you loose your primary radar. There are back ups of course, but it's better to loose a turret than a radar.

Then you could add that to the list of problems the Concordia is always having.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

No. The Phase Transit Cannon is located on the bottom of the Concordia - its built into the keel.
As for the original question - maybe its some sort of flight deck observation post.

I don't think it's an observation post, Penguin. Earthworm is absolutely right about it being a bad spot to put anything like that. Especially when you consider that the Concordia does not seem to have launch tubes. Fighters launch on their own power, which means there's a lot of chances for things to go wrong.

If it looks like a gun, acts like a gun and is located where itws best to put a gun, it`s probably not a supermarket.
wink2.gif

A supermarket! That's it, Mad Hatter!
smile.gif

Meanwhile, I must say that having watched Hadrian's movie (over and over again), I just don't see how it could be a gun. It's way bigger than the other turrets.

Quarto said:
Meanwhile, I must say that having watched Hadrian's movie (over and over again), I just don't see how it could be a gun. It's way bigger than the other turrets.
That bothered me too, though I don't remember that thing to be so big.

It could be flight ops in addition to a giant sensory object.

Like have the LSO there in addition to a few senior flight officers.

The area does make sense for a sensor/radar emplacement as well, since it does have a rather good field of view.

But once again, it's way to easy for a Kilrathi fighter to destroy it, and if a Confed fighter makes an incorecct landing/take off, it could crash right into it.

I reckon it's some sort of sensor-looking thingie that the designers decided to put in, but didn't think about the nitty gritty details like the ones we're going through.

And, Q, Joan's Fighting Spacecraft 2664.128 update lists a Confederation class dreadnought as having eight AMG's.

There are many things Joan's Fighting Spacecraft (pick an edition... any edition) lists which are false, Wedge
smile.gif
The Confederation class has seven AMGs... trust me.

Really... I'll have to play WC2 again. Maybe LOAF can clear it up. It doesn't really matter cos only one of the AMG bolt hits the enemy in a single salvo. Then out comes the PTC. Heh heh. Strange though, anyone who rates a capship should be smart enough to run away as soon as it sees Connie aim her big gun at them.

I take it the Concordia was sunk by bombers then, not capships. Or maybe just cos Blair wasnt' there to save them.
smile.gif

Or the fact that Confed was horribly out numbered/out gunned in the battle?

TC

------------------
Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Back