Concordia class

Originally posted by TC

The Midway has six launch tubes... the easiest place to see this is on the box, where they point right at you.

hehehe....my box had a PICTURE of the original box on it....I see a Vamp...the inside is brown-ish cardboard color. (right next to the picture of the Vamp is a picture of Blade Runner...)

I never noticed it having six launch tubes, but then again it's been a year and a half since i've played WCP so I fully accept my wrong-ness.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

The newer ships tend to go their own way though (Midway, Hades).

Actaully I thought the midway was still pretty close. You would still recognize it as a confed carrier because of the linear design (I was saying that the majority of the ship is flat, no matter if it has one lauch bay or many) and the fact that the control tower has just been moved back to the rear (kindof reminds me of the Confederation classs Concordia layout). Still the midway is mostly a linear surface that has wonderful field a vision for it's defensive gun batteries.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61

Actaully I thought the midway was still pretty close. You would still recognize it as a confed carrier because of the linear design (I was saying that the majority of the ship is flat, no matter if it has one lauch bay or many) and the fact that the control tower has just been moved back to the rear (kindof reminds me of the Confederation classs Concordia layout). Still the midway is mostly a linear surface that has wonderful field a vision for it's defensive gun batteries.

That's pretty much the standard sci-fi carrier design, though. You want a nice, long, flat launch surface because it provides a nice, straight, path for acceleration.
Another good example of this type of design is the mobile suit carriers in Gundam. Gundam 0083 has some nice shots of the Albion (a White Base class Assault Carrier) with the mobile suits both positioning themselves for launch, and accelerating down the launch track (they use a track system to provide acceleration off the ship).

The difference comes with what happens to the rest of the carrier. Is the carrier wrapped around the launch track/tube, or is it arranged in a different fashion?

Back