Computer game quotes

ourchair

Spaceman
I'm sure this kind of thread has already been done before, but hey, if everyone's going crazy over movie quotes why don't we all throw around game quotes?

The Flying Welshman: I am the Flying Welshman. I have been traveling for so very long within the mist. Oh how I hate that darned mist.

Guybrush Threepwood: Really? I like mist. I think it's pretty.

The Flying Welshman: Well, SURE, mist is pretty. But EGAD, is it dull.
---The Curse of Monkey Island

Imoen: So... Sarevok. You've had an itty-bitty piece of my soul in there for quite a while now. What's it been like?

Sarevok: Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand.
---Baldur's Gate II

"If you've been feeling increasingly stupid lately, you're not alone!"
---Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

Mario: . . . .

Bowser: . . .

Mario: . . .

Bowser: . . ::flame breath: . . .

Mario: . . YOUWWOWOWOW! Mama mia . . .

"Thanks for playing, you've been a pantload"
-message after dying in one of the Space Quest games

"I cannot believe what I have just heard.
Captain, you are a heinous SLAVE-TRADER!
Your exchanges with the Druuge have become a horror story throughout the starbase!
If anyone here is stupid enough to join your crew, I expect the RU cost will be skyhigh.
If you weren't our only hope for freedom, Captain
I'd kill you where you stand."
-Starbase Commander in Star Control II

"Of course we'll bundle our MorganNet software with the new network nodes; our customers expect no less of us. We have never sought to become a monopoly. Our products are simply so good that no one feels the need to compete with us."
-CEO Nwabudike Morgan from Alpha Centauri

and of course...

"That wasn't hot-dogging Maniac... that was the move of a true master."

*shudders*

oh wait... you wanted GOOD quotes?

Bloodshot Pizza Box/
Caffine Overdrive Sorrow/
Embrace The Chaos

- Haiku in the credits for System Shock

"Stern was counting on him to hold the squadron together, but now that job has fallen to me. Its a job I always wanted, but not like this. But all of us sooner or later come to this end, a shallow grave in a foreign country. That’s the life, and death, of a mercenary..."

que F-16's flying over in 'missing man' formation

From Strike Commander, the best game-over scene ever...

"The only good trooper is a dead trooper... And I'll make sure you're a good trooper." - Sgt. Shannon Brooks, Crusader No Remorse.

"Catch me later, I'll buy you a beer!" The Barney in Half-Life.

"Oh my COD" - Barry Burton, Resident Evil.

PeteyG said:
"Of course we'll bundle our MorganNet software with the new network nodes; our customers expect no less of us. We have never sought to become a monopoly. Our products are simply so good that no one feels the need to compete with us."
-CEO Nwabudike Morgan from Alpha Centauri

Alpha Centauri is ALWAYS quote-worthy. :D

And in no. 4, the Space Quest death message is supposed to go: "Thank you for playing Space Quest IV! As usual, you've been a real pantload!"

I think pantload is the sanitized way of saying "sh**"

"Radiation has spread throughout the planet. Nuclear winter has blocked out the sun. Civilization as we know it has ended. And, no, there will be no pictures of mushroom clouds and pieces of people's bodies flying around; we don't reward failure."

-Message recieved when radiation meter reaches maximum, SuperPower.

TopGun said:
Who here knows of the Maniac?..............................Oh what nobody

I believe he actually says "How many people here know about the Maniac?" . . . just clarification. Am I right, Loaf?

"You see this guy, hes not alone. I think its just not safe to stay in the miberty system." - Trant from Freelancer

overmortal said:
I believe he actually says "How many people here know about the Maniac?" . . . just clarification. Am I right, Loaf?
You are correct.

One more correction: the second half of the line was uttered thusly:

"....Oh what, nobody?..."

Back