codenames for DRT & flashpack

I'm surprised that no one has torn into this yet (that I've seen)
Joshua said:
To deaccelerate the space shuttle, it simply makes a U turn and then expends an amount of thrust equal to the thrust it already spent.

This strikes me as an absolutely brilliant method of piloting a fight craft...you only have one direction- Forward.

It reminds me of those little cheap RC cars that either went forward (when you pressed the button in) or backed up and turned in one direction (when you let off the button)

No no no- if you REALLY want your pilots to be invisible, give them some sort of pedal system to power their fighters...then you've got no engine radiation and some super-fit pilots! ;) :p

Colonel Sanders said:
This strikes me as an absolutely brilliant method of piloting a fight craft...you only have one direction- Forward.
But Colonel Sanders, our fighters only do go forwards! Our throttles only run from 0 to maximum speed! (Yes, we can turn and slide, but that's different).

GeeBot said:
But Colonel Sanders, our fighters only do go forwards! Our throttles only run from 0 to maximum speed! (Yes, we can turn and slide, but that's different).

Are you suggesting that moving backward is moving at a speed less than zero :confused:

allright, good point.

However, there is no air in space, so rudders and flaps won't have the same effect...therefore, we need thrusters on different points of the spacecraft to turn it. So having only one blackfuel....errrm...spurty-thing in the rear won't work for turning...

The solution here is to breed and train special pixies. We'll strap them to the appropriate areas of our fighters, and tape electrodes to their butts. When you move the stick, it activates the appropriate electrode, thus shocking the pixie and making her (him?) scream; the expelled gas will turn the fighter. And, since, as we all know, Pixies live on blackfuel and dragon vomit, we have fuel for them as well . . . just not insurance.

I disagree my dear Colonel, I favor the European Swallow for no logical reason.

(vaguely remembering Holy Grail here)

Be careful. If you don't answer the question correctly, you'll get thrown into whatever large pit that was. And I doubt you'll enjoy that for very long.

perhaps we could tie some twine onto the fighters and have a team (wing?) of two swallows of unknown origin fly the ship?

Okay...so we've taken care of the engine problem. Now, to handle the heat and radiation from weapons...suggestions? perhaps we could "NEE!" at them.

Who cares about the Space shuttle? It's a very stupid ship, it's painted white!!!! so everyone can see it and launch missile attractors at it. It doesn't even need a glow missile.

Maybe NASA should have fought the Kilrathi War more intelligentely.

So THATS what happened to the Columbia...

(mods, feel free to delete if that's in bad form, I've always had a rather heartless sense of humor)

Back