codenames for DRT & flashpack

Imagine if Confed had fought the Kilrathi more intelligently.

"And those forces have some extraordinary equipment at their disposal."

"Effective Soldiers requires effective tools..."

"Like... Bioweapons?"
"Like... Superpolymers?"
"Like... Secret, unmarked Dragon's Thoot?"
"Like... George Washigton?"

No, George Washington wouldn't. Instead, he'd cross the space-river and wipe out the Kilrathi with flaming shit... I mean... Dragon's Droppings™.

George Washington would disapprove the use of bioweapons! Therefore, he'd cross the frigid space-river through the Delaware jump point and wipe out the Kilrathi with Dragon's Breath. When he was done, he'd steal all their stuff, too.

All this occurring at night, of course.

Nah, he'll break out his "Dragon's Johnson" and spray the bad guys with highly venomous and volatile "Dragon's Urine". Then once the bad guys are saturated with the flammable liquid, he'll do a "Dragon's Fart" and the resulting chemical reaction of the gas to the "Dragon's Urine" will result in a 20 megaton nuclear blast.

does he realize that there are so many different games out there, like Space Frontier and all those others he compared, because they are in fact their own entities? Why would you copy the blackfuel into wing commnader just because it is used in a different game? Why would you want all of the game designers to copy each other? That would get kinda boring after a while. As for the weapons, great you came up with some weapons. Now go and write a mod for whichever game that people who want to try it can download and use it. Don't know how to write mods? Well too bad. Me personally would have rethought what I posted after those first flames started.

Jim

Blackfuel doesn't even make any sense within WC type technology. It's like asking why doesn't confed use Nasguls or Elven Archers. Or the Force. One must imagine Joshua barely ever played the games at all. And, truth to be told, Confed's tactics make a lot more sense in WCP (which is probably the PC game that brings most newcomers to WC - but I could be wrong).

Joshua said:
What exactly is stupid and foolish in regards to everything I've posted?
You know, I'd answer this...but these posts have a 10,000 character limit.

And I just don't think I can condense the answer that much.

Edfilho said:
I, for one, never heard of it.

Google's only references for Star Adventure 4010, by the way, point to the Wing Commander CIC forums. Apparently, if the game exists, it's a home-brew thing for Joshua and his imaginary friends. LOAF or Bob pointed this out earlier.

So, it'd be easier to impress the Forum Goers with a game that they've heard of. :D Also, Joshua could stand to think since, as it's been pointed out time and again, none of his suggestions make sense in the WC universe - making an enemy 'glow' is of limited usefulness in space given the ranges involved, the principles behind the tech in 'attractor' missiles are not explained and it has been pointed out there are significant downsides to it, and 'blackfuel' as a technology makes no sense given that a) you'd run out of fuel pretty quickly, and b) we don't track ships by their engine contrails anyways.

This boy would make George Washington rise from the dead just to toss his ass out of the country he fought to create. He's dumber than King George III was.

ok how bout battletech being a different game? now for star adventure not existing that sounds different from wing commander, after all we have all played wing commander. with the possible exception of joshua of course.
jim

Actually, the blackfuel makes perfect sense. The blackfuel camoflauges with the darkness & coldness of space. This is to avoid visual and infrared detection -- this would prevent heat seekers from hitting objects that use blackfuel. Also, I think a person could easily spot a spaceship several kilometers away if it was using normal fuel for movement, but it wouldn't if it was using blackfuel.

Back