cockpits...

Originally posted by TC
I barely ever turn off cockpits. They add a lot to the gameplay, IMHO.

Mmmmhhh... even in WC III??? :)

I tried flying a Longbow with the cockpit on, and BOY... are YOU handicapped!! You can barely have a visual!!

umm speaking of the wcIV cockpits is there any way to turn the colour tint off of the messages you recieve. They are in normal colour on the psx.

Having played WC1 and WC2 before the rest, I thought I would play WC3 with the cockpit on, but I quickly found out that the extra view was worth it. The resolution is compressed vertically in cockpit mode too.

If you want cockpits with lack of view, fly a Tarsus or an Orion! :)

Oh, yeah, the HUD option in WC3 seemed rather sparse to me. Even though I found the WC4 HUD largely useless, it still looked pretty with all those lines. When I first saw it (my cousin was playing it) I thought WC4 had gone techy on us!

The lack of view in the cockpit is the only downside, but it brings more reality in the game. In WC3 you loose ITTS when he/she moves out of view a little, thats the downside. But the greatest cockpit is the Longbow, lots the see in there.

Speeking about XWA: those look arounds in the cockpit are great, but here isn't much to look at. What was that site agian were yuo can download new cockpits (they look exactly like in the movies) ?

Yes, but it is an annoying piece of reality :D. I found it really too hard to fight with the Cockpits in WC3. I was also disappointed that the Cockpits of the Arrow, the Hellcat and the Excalibur looked so similar. But the Longbow nad Thunderbolt cockpits were nice, and in the TBolt the viewport was large enough.

Some of the cockpit views were ok, particularly the early games and WC3. Tho some did not help with overall view of things. I had all the cockpits turned off in WCP cause they looked rediculous and had that sway in them when you turned. Annoying!!

RFBurns

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
Originally posted by mpanty
I tried flying a Longbow with the cockpit on, and BOY... are YOU handicapped!! You can barely have a visual!!
Like...um...the REAL thing would be? :)

Yes Phoenix... that's what I meant...

It puts you in place of the REAL starfighter pilot, and the kind of visual HE must have... although you must agree, that you ARE handicapped, and the Longbow's already slow on top of it...

I imagine the AI does not have this "cockpit problem", mmhhh? :p

...which it counterbalances by cheating... like magically "regenerating" the enemy's armor in WC III, on Nightmare... :)

Back