Chris Roberts Producing Punisher?

I remember enjoying the Super Mario movie a lot . . . but, then again, I was eleven or twelve at the time. . .

Although, I do remember thinking "What's up with Luigi being mexican?" They could have done a better job than casting Leguizamo.

I wouldn't count the Final Fantasy movie as based off the games, but I do think it was a good movie in it's own right.

I liked Mortal Kombat 1, and the movies and TV shows remain true to the series.

Resident Evil wasn't half bad.

As for comics-based games.. Eh.. What was that quote in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Something to the regards of 'ever since X-Men came out, every production company has snatched movie rights to every two-bit comic created.' X-Men was good, and Spider-Man was enjoyable, but what is with this sudden rush to make comic book-based movies? It's not like basing movies on comics is anything new.. Nowadays, though, the movies are just rushed, slapped together with decent effects and horrid stories (Daredevil, anyone?). I have nothing against movies based on comics, but at least put some effort into producing them..

ChanceKell said:
I wouldn't count the Final Fantasy movie as based off the games, but I do think it was a good movie in it's own right.
Eh, doesn't every Final Fantasy include a new world, story and characters?

It's not like basing movies on comics is anything new.. Nowadays, though, the movies are just rushed, slapped together with decent effects and horrid stories (Daredevil, anyone?). I have nothing against movies based on comics, but at least put some effort into producing them..
You got your facts mixed up. Like you say, basing movies on comics isn't new. In fact, if you look up comic adaptations on IMDB, there's something like half a thousand different movies and TV series based on comics, and most of them have been produced long before the X-Men movie. The difference between these new movies and the old ones is that the new ones have a decent budget - so in fact, there's more effort going into these kinds of adaptations than ever before :p.

Quarto said:

Speaking of Final Fantasy, does anybody know why the hell are there so many close face shots in every single Japanise movie/game? I mean, in every cartoon/cut scene of game, the camera stucks to the face of the hero and never leaves. All we see is the *shocked* expression of the guy from every possible angle.I mean, drop it dude, we already got that the guy is shocked!!! We ain't *dumb*.

Murray said:
Speaking of Final Fantasy, does anybody know why the hell are there so many close face shots in every single Japanise movie/game? I mean, in every cartoon/cut scene of game, the camera stucks to the face of the hero and never leaves. All we see is the *shocked* expression of the guy from every possible angle.I mean, drop it dude, we already got that the guy is shocked!!! We ain't *dumb*.

It's called 'cinematic moment'!

Anyway, the Doom movie is currently and Warner Brothers' hands, and their aiming for a PG-13 rating. Please tell me how the h*ll is ID gonna have creative control on that kind of rating?!

ChanceKell said:
As for comics-based games.. Eh.. What was that quote in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back? Something to the regards of 'ever since X-Men came out, every production company has snatched movie rights to every two-bit comic created.' X-Men was good, and Spider-Man was enjoyable, but what is with this sudden rush to make comic book-based movies? It's not like basing movies on comics is anything new.. Nowadays, though, the movies are just rushed, slapped together with decent effects and horrid stories (Daredevil, anyone?). I have nothing against movies based on comics, but at least put some effort into producing them..

The quote is:

Jay: “When the **** did this happen?
Brodie: “Well after X-Men hit at the box office, all the studios starting buying up every comic property they could get their dirty little hands on. Miramax optioned Bluntman and Cronic.
Jay: “Miramax? I thought they only made classy pictures like “The Piano” or “The Crying Game.”
Brodie: “Yeah well once they made “She’s All That,” everything went to hell.”

Don't the games all have those... chobobococo things? (I'm not a fan of the games, but I did enjoy the movie.)

LeHah said:
(And what the heck is TC reading my LJ for anyway?)

So I can make fun of you, obviously...

Also, I read LOAF's friends, because I'm too lazy to make my own friends list

Continuing onward, you obviously *know* I read your LiveJournal, since I comment in it.

Advent Children is already confirmed to be a DVD movie that will be about an hour long. Basically, just deals with what happens after the game ends.

TC said:
Continuing onward, you obviously *know* I read your LiveJournal, since I comment in it.

When I see your icon, I tend to ignore your comments, because they tend to piss me off. At least when LOAF makes fun and pisses me off, I know he's just making fun. :p

But if I were to say something like that, I'd probably get banned. Then again, there's a good reason for that.

LeHah said:
When I see your icon, I tend to ignore your comments, because they tend to piss me off.

On the plus side, I don't think I've blatantly insulted your friends, like I did with Trelane's that time.

Actually, Final Fantasy has a couple reoccurring themes...
1. The first "big enemy" you face isn't the true enemy of the game.
2. There is always a character named "Cid."
3. Sometimes, but not always, they use Chocobos. (I hate these little critters, makes me want to sneak onto an ostrich farm with a machete)
4. Cacti that are extremely hard to kill.(they always run away first chance they get)
5. There is always summoning of some kind. Most blatant use of this was FF6(aka FF3, for the American release)
6. The main hero is always confused. About everything.

Back