Cheesesteaks! (Was: Delete "Sandoval" frowneyface)

Will an administrator please delete the "Sandoval" account from this forum, this is the 4th time I've asked this. If I could do it myself I would, but someone thought it was appropriate to ban me for a week for misunderstanding an arrogant comment, and then erase the comment altogether. It is not right that my personal email address is trapped in your user registration and I cannot change it or remove it, meanwhile I'm receiving email notifications that my address is being registered for free newsletters and other garbage. Show some integrity and respect for privacy and remove that account please, and you won't hear from me again.

Heh, that's so weird, how can you lose your own email address? For future reference, it is: REMOVED Hope that helps!

Now, please show some respect for our forum rules by not starting additional accounts to get around bans.

Hehe, you guys can't see, but this guy registered like twelve accounts and posted the same thing over and over about how morally bankrupt we are for daring to reveal his personal identity. They became increasingly angry in an amusing fashion ("icandothisallday" and "newhobby" and such), which was entertaining for a bit.

I'm off to buy comic books and eat pizza in half an hour (yes, I am living the life I wanted in 1987), so I sent Kris an email asking to IP block him. I didn't hear back, so I switched user registration to we-confirm and we haven't heard since. That's sort of a shame, I hate to disrupt someone's new hobby (I hate to say it, but lets see how quickly he finds he can post to the various wholly unrelated unregistered-allowed fan project boards with his uninteresting crusade... because that's always the classy last step that these people resort to in the end).

To be clear: we were pretty darned nice to this guy. We ignored that he was some kind of software pirate for the sake of helping him with some game, we were nice to him on IRC, we wignored several empty accounts and creepy IRC dash-quits (and no emails! the one thing we ask for in the rules!) before doing the amusing thing and posting his email address. Which, mind you, is something the rules he signed up to specifically say we can do.

Now, to confirm - the dude had a week ban for being a jackass. Just general jackassery - trying to be offended on behalf of someone else, that sort of thing. We immediately saw him register a second account (specifically against the rules) to issue this Slashdotty regular internet demand that we delete his email address from our database. Information deserves to be free except when it's my information and then it's private and blah blah blah throw up.

(Logic: if we have his email address then... we... are going to use it for some nefarious purpose? The same people he wants to help him? Why didn't he just wait the seven days and delete it himself, if it was oh-so-important? Why let THE MACHINE know he's out there? Did he maybe... want attention? Oh, look at me, I want to raise a fuss! Fuss fuss fuss!)

(Side side logic: a google search for the dude reveals that he posts elsewhere as 'Bong Hitman'. So we're not talking about a super secret identity that's being protected with maximum dilligence from thieves and villains. We're not even talking about a person who's all that smart to begin with. The man wanted something to complain about. Regular internet sucks.)

This thread is now about cheesesteaks, make your time.

User e-mail addresses are not visible to the public, so any junk mail this person was receiving was entirely unrelated to his registration on our board.

So one vacation we were in philly and my dad ordered a cheesesteak and gave me a bite... I'm not sure if mouthgasm was the word but ever since I've been hooked on the wondrous cheese and steak sandwich! It's too bad I can count the number I've eaten on one hand.

I wonder, is it possible to dislike cheesesteak?

Has anyone ever actually ordered a cheesesteak from Subway?

I've always been curious, but something about a cheesesteak that isn't cooked on a grill when you order just kind of creeps me out a little.

What's a cheesesteak? Is it like a steak with cheese on, cause I don't think we have them over here. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak

I've never had an actual philly one
around here we have a local chain called Jims Steakout that makes good steak sandwiches though

as for the email getting spam, that's why you use a legitimate but non-primary email address for registering at forums.
I check the accounts I use for forums maybe once a week, more like every 2 weeks and don't use them for business or other important stuff, that way when they get spammed it doesn't really matter

yeah i have had it a couple of times, prefer the spicy italian but the cheesesteak is a definite good'un

@Trelane: I think I had it once. It wasn't too bad, in my memory, but I have weird tastes. It wasn't great, on the other hand.

@Dyret: Yup, it's a delicious steak sandwich with cheese inside. Sometimes people put other stuff inside, but why bother? I came for the steak... and the cheese.

LOAF hijacks topics the best way. First the ice cream edits and now this. Where else are the deeds of stupid people made so entertaining as they are in the CIC?

The original guy sent a much more reasonable - if still somewhat stupidly passive-aggressive - apology email, so I've removed the shocking unveiling. If you people have been signing him up for newsletters and stuff... don't, that's just proving him right. That's what the regular internet does.

I have not tried the cheesesteak at Subway, but my reaction to its existence is much more negative -- I believe that it can't be good, somehow deeply.

I have not tried the cheesesteak at Subway, but my reaction to its existence is much more negative -- I believe that it can't be good, somehow deeply.

Your assumption is correct. However, I can claim scientific experience in such.

I purchased said item from Subway about two months ago instead of my usual footlong Subway Melt with lettuce, tomato and honey mustard. The cheesesteak its self was bad but not the worst I've ever had. I certainly would not get it a second time from the same location.

Your assumption is correct. However, I can claim scientific experience in such.

I purchased said item from Subway about two months ago instead of my usual footlong Subway Melt with lettuce, tomato and honey mustard. The cheesesteak its self was bad but not the worst I've ever had. I certainly would not get it a second time from the same location.

I don't think the subway has a "cheesesteak" sandwich here... they have a Steak and Cheese instead... It's bits of steak and you can get it with cheese if you want. It's not bad. But I get it with southwest sauce... (basically chipotle mayo).

It has been my personal experience that the further you get away from the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area, the worst 'Philly cheesesteaks' become, with the exception of when the chef you're ordering it from actually is from the Philly area. Case in point - I lived in Massachusetts for a year, and at a chain of 'sub shops' up there, they put mayo on the cheesesteak, without being asked, and to anyone from near Philly, that is, at the very least a veritable insult, not to have to 'opt in' to additional condiments, especially, something as jarring as mayo.

However, when I was in Alaska in August, I had a darned good Philly Cheesesteak. Which contained just a bit of tobasco in the mix. Of course, I did confirm that the chef had lived and worked in Philadelphia for at least two years before ordering it. ;)

I don't think the subway has a "cheesesteak" sandwich here... they have a Steak and Cheese instead... It's bits of steak and you can get it with cheese if you want. It's not bad. But I get it with southwest sauce... (basically chipotle mayo).

Hmmm, I just saw an add for the Subway 'Cheesesteak' sandwhich and I have to agree that it looks pretty awful..

Now, what exactly is supposed to be on an authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwhich? I had a sandwhich that was supposed to be like that at a local restaurant that was pretty good, but I don't think it was authentic... or maybe it was? It was basically a toasted beef dip with cheese and roasted peppers on it... it was a great sandwhich but I question it's authenticity.

Subways, for some reason or another, vary quite a bit from location to location in terms of quality. When I was on active duty a while back, I would go to Subway pretty often as officers have to pay for the mess hall anyway - the goal would be to get food that tasted better but wasn't as bad as the BK that's on every base. I tried the steak and cheese and decided it wasn't half bad, especially with Jalepenos and the southwestern sauce.

Granted, it's nothing like the real thing from Philly... but just be sure that you know exactly what you're ordering, or you'll be sent to the back of the line!

That's true, Subway really does vary. I had two really great ones near me when I was in Austin and I would go pretty much every week... here - nothing.

(Allright, I decided to edit this. If you saw it, it was *really really funny*, but it was too mean even for me.)

Back