Cheesesteaks! (Was: Delete "Sandoval" frowneyface)

Someone (and I have a guess) has too much time on its hands to throw in all those tags... :p

My personal preferrence is the Meatball loaded with cheese. And jalepenos. Or a smokey, except I don't put the hot dog in the pastry and just have it packed to the gills with cheese, sauce and bacon. Pizza toppings of your choice work great as well.

I like my cheesesteaks like I like my women: with optional salad bar.

Someone (and I have a guess) has too much time on its hands to throw in all those tags...

If it makes one person who isn't me fix the missing 'tag' icon then I've avoided doing my job.

That's true, Subway really does vary. I had two really great ones near me when I was in Austin and I would go pretty much every week... here - nothing.

(Allright, I decided to edit this. If you saw it, it was *really really funny*, but it was too mean even for me.)

Curiosity is now officially killing me. Great way to start a friday!! :D

Hehe -- the original poster snapped back to crazy angry person and started signing up the chatzone help email for all sorts of opt-in Christian email lists. I noticed we were already the number one Google result for his name, so I had a nice letter for interested hiring managers linking them to various resources (which, honestly, they should find anyway).

Long story short, although he doesn't want to be assosciated with a Wing Commander forum, our clever fellow does use his real name and email for three things: letting everyone know where he went to college, making sure everyone knows he's totally into casual drug use in the most generic way possible and posting videos of his friends drinking until they pass out.

I enjoyed the concept more than the reality of preventing some guy from getting a job, though, even if he is a complete and utter moron.

I enjoyed the concept more than the reality of preventing some guy from getting a job, though, even if he is a complete and utter moron.

I sincerely doubt that the street sweepers of the world or people who fish nickles out of sewer drains have to worry about what their employer thinks of them being a standard issue jerk on the internet.

You'd be surprised -- it's becoming a standard practice to run names/contact information from a CV through Google during the hiring process, even for entry level jobs.

So I went to subway and ordered a cheesesteak to test my memory and it was rather tasty. Been too long since I've been to philly, so I can't tell you how "authentic" it wasn't, but I give it a thumbs up.

Oh, and I remember now that my initial fascination with cheesesteak was the sheer number of them Coop eats on Megas XLR.

I went to Philly for a medical conference once and chose a cheesesteak at random to try out;
it was dreadful - very onion-y. Maybe there's some process you're supposed to go through to get the right one that I missed...

To be fair, there's really only three or four establishments still around in Philly that have the authentic sandwich that people rave about (one of them is featured in Rocky ?.)

Otherwise, it's like going to NY and getting 'Brooklyn' style pizza or whatever - it's not the same.

I love the term 'casual drugs.' I've known a few people over the years who say that...

I take Excedrin casually.

The other day I got some Hot Pockets after work, and then yesterday before work I heated the cheesesteak pockets and oh man that was awesome. And then I had to go to work which was actually pretty great by any reasonable standard but I'm a high-grade bum so any obligation grates on me, and it wrecked my whole day.

Maybe right this very fucking instant I will go to Subway and order me one of those crazy-assed sandwiches. Because I am hungry, and you are all my inspiration. Maybe I'll just get a chicken-bacon-ranch, though.

Maybe there's some process you're supposed to go through to get the right one that I missed...

When ordering, you have to say "wit" or "wittout" (which means with or without onions). If you don't say this, people in the town of brotherly love will beat you senseless with rocks.

I don't hate onions, I just don't want them anywhere near my mouth.

Oddly, the best cheesesteak I've ever had were the 'bonus' ones you could get in the high school cafeteria. They had a disgusting amount of rubber cheese and rubber meat and rubber bread all mixed together in one wonderful rubber container.

Try going to a Subway and politely asking them not to cut your sandwich in half. They will smile, nod, and cut your sandwich in half EVERY TIME. It's not negotiable.

Try going to a Subway and politely asking them not to cut your sandwich in half. They will smile, nod, and cut your sandwich in half EVERY TIME. It's not negotiable.

Wierd... I can get them to even cut my meatballs in half... I always assumed they would not cut my sandwich if I asked them not to. Haven't tried it though. It will taste the same in one or two pieces.

Must be a US thing cos in the one in my town (in South Wales for those that don't know where Caerphilly is) they ask if you'd like it cut in half or not.

Well it could just be a california thing or lest I say it... a bay area thing... I mean we do seem to do things a little strange out here. Need I mention hyphy? Oh yes the stupid crunk , wild and out and other " hyphy " energy drinks. If I ever go into a subway I will have to test this.

Well it could just be a california thing or lest I say it... a bay area thing... I mean we do seem to do things a little strange out here. Need I mention hyphy? Oh yes the stupid crunk , wild and out and other " hyphy " energy drinks. If I ever go into a subway I will have to test this.

PUT YO STUNNA SHADES ON AND GHOST RIDE DA WHIP!!!

Back