Celebrate Seven Years Of Secret Ops (October 8, 2005)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Today is the seventh anniversary of the final episode of Secret Ops going live. Episode seven concluded the ongoing saga and left the Confederation at an exciting crossroads. The final journal entry by Lance Casey was especially moving.
2681.105:
Krieger was a difficult run. I've never taken down that many carriers in a single system before. How many of these things are there? I want Maestro to shut up with that freaking line of his. How many times must someone say something before they know they shouldn't say it anymore? Anyway, the alien presence in Proxima should be a little weaker for the losses and that should make our job easier. I hope.

That's it. Last log for now. Hopefully, it's not the last forever. Well, given my writing that might not be such a bad thing.

I never think about how embarrassing it'll be when these are looked over when I die.

Just in case: To whom it may concern,

If you're reading this, I've died. I failed on my mission and pray to God that you were able to succeed in my place.

If you're looking at this for any strategic reasons you have wasted a bit of scan time, and I apologize for not being thorough. My logs from Midway should have provided all the tactical information I was capable of giving before just needing a way to get some thoughts out of my head.

Do me a favor, if it isn't too much to ask…Tell my Mother I love her. Also tell Jean Talvert that I'm sorry I couldn't buy her that round of drinks at the beach like I promised.

Man, that's dismal…I better go get in my ship and occupy myself with something I'm good at.
You can find the rest of the episodic fiction here. For more on the history, structure and background of Secret Ops, check out Shades' Expanded Secret Ops Guide.

--
Original update published on October 8, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Back