Casey's callsign

IPhoenixI said:
Yeah but if by some merical they do someday continue on with the series they better change it in my oppinion.

"Frosty" is probably closer to a real callsign than anything in Wing Commander.

Isn't the fact that "Frosty" might not be what Casey would want somewhat moot?

I was under the impression that the majority of callsigns were "given" by a pilots squadmates rather than a personal choice.

correct, he flew by the book.

I think the original WC games were the best. the story unfolded as u played, with changes in dialogue depending on how u played, not major plot changes. WCP returned to this, but i think that the movies have become an indespencible part of the series.
part of WC is the interaction between characters. the other space flight sim.s that didn't pick up on this just sucked, ie freespace.
if i were to change anything, would to change to high-res. divx movies, and possibly more in game transistions like secret ops.

Ripper said:
I guess I could be a little nicer. How about "IceBoy"?

:D

I used TopGun are the callsign :D

But when I started a new game I did call him IceBoy :D

Plus I've called him Frostbite before

Wow, my first post at the renovated Forum ( I feel like I should wipe my feet off or something :) ).
I always thought Frosty was a pretty good callsign, though being eternally linked to his father's memory, which wouldn't neccessarily have been a good thing. I usually go with Viper (I can actually use my old callsign in WCP and not feel like I'm changing history) but I've gone with Maverick a couple of times. It may seem like blasphemy but I read somewhere that Casey was one of the top pilots in his class, but also the one with the most disciplinary problems. His callsign could be Maverick for real (lke the Top Gun Maverick).

C-ya

I dont think so....at least I dont think Origin would give him that callsign...

He maybe the new "Blair" but I dont think so....

TCSTigersClaw said:
I dont think so....at least I dont think Origin would give him that callsign...

He maybe the new "Blair" but I dont think so....

Yeah it would almost be like "replacing" Blair in a way. Sense we were left with the new main charecters almost being like the old group of pilots we knew in the first few games, im sure we would of had a callsign for Casy if it was continued. Just like someone said about Blair being called Bluehair till he was later difined as Maverick.

First time I used my Callsign, then he was Thunder, then Iceman, then Iceboy, then Frosty. Then I played WCIV again and accidentally typed in Maverick at 2200.

If you haven't figured it out, I decided to call him Icestorm. I wanted something "Icy" for Iceman's son, but thought Iceboy or Iceman Jr. or anything like that weren't right (no offense to those who suggested those, they just don't work for me.) Well, I was stuck, then I figured, "hey, his name is Lance," which made me think of Lance Storm (a wrestler). Ice... Storm... Icestorm.

Icestorm said:
If you haven't figured it out, I decided to call him Icestorm. I wanted something "Icy" for Iceman's son, but thought Iceboy or Iceman Jr. or anything like that weren't right (no offense to those who suggested those, they just don't work for me.)QUOTE]

That was just joking around on my part :rolleyes:

IMO... "Icestorm" seems a little too... "intense" for Casey. I think Frosty better suits him, personality/age wise.

LOL. Haven't seen you around for awhile. Maybe I'm just not very observant... :confused: For awhile there I thought perhaps my diabolical plot had suceeded, but alas, you have returned.

My question is where did Maestro get his callsign from? He doesn't play any instruments, he isn't that smooth at amything and he jsut seems to be this huge smart ass. Maestro? I'm stumped. . .

C-ya

Take a look at the symbolism in Prophecy. Casey fits the "Maverick" description. The entire storyline has a "changing of the guard" feel. And to top it all of, Christopher "Maverick" Blair dies (appearantly), thus freeing up the callsign.

Or maybe I'm full of it.... :D

Viper61 said:
My question is where did Maestro get his callsign from? He doesn't play any instruments, he isn't that smooth at amything and he jsut seems to be this huge smart ass. Maestro? I'm stumped. . .

C-ya

Maybe he's "magically" obnoxious!

Edit: Just wanted to make sure everyone read that in an irish accent.

Back