Carrier fight

I believe that this type of thread is banned in the rules. I believe it would fall under here:

3) Due to the near-certainty of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames/discord, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically banned.

Wing Commander versus threads are, in general, allowed - the rule exists mostly to disuade spacebattles.com types from coming to rant about how great they've decided Star Destroyers are.

Not your fault. In general, though, there's no need for back seat moderating - if you think there's something wrong with a thread, hit the 'report post' button.

Ironically, Anxiety was, while applying the "Versus threads" rule, skirting the edge of violating Rule #1.

1) The word of an administrator or moderator, in reference to the rules of this chat zone, is final. Also, if you think another user is breaking the rules, do _not_ flame or harass him/her. Let the moderators do their job.

("skirting" because he wasn't flaming or harassing Corsair.)

Hey, gull wings, what did you ask anyway? We can make WCShips vs WCShips posts here, only avoid stuff like "Enterprise mk482712 VS the SSD in the background of a Dark Horse comic". Or anything that involves ships not in WC.

The Concordia would win as a) it mounts the PTC, b) it mounts 8 AMGs, c) has a fighter capacity of 120, and d) it's a dreadnaught while the rest are strike and light carriers

Thank you, finally someone who thinks like I do, plus Im bias towards the Concordia, I refused to leave the ship in Academy, and didnt like leavin it in WC2 SO

Bandit LOAF said:
Wing Commander versus threads are, in general, allowed - the rule exists mostly to disuade spacebattles.com types from coming to rant about how great they've decided Star Destroyers are.

Best responce EVER!

Here's a serious 'Carrier v Carrier' question: TCS Concordia versus TCS Tiger's Claw.

Now most of you think the Concordia would win, because of its PTC. Now lets say the cannon is disabled for this engagement, as it was under many circumstances after about mid 2665 when Confederation Command discovered its unfortunate tendency to blow up the ship firing it. So discarding the PTC, which carrier would win the slug fest?

Now the armor equivalents in Claw Mark's are screwed up the wazoo so here is a comparison of the two if they were engaging, in oh, 2665:

TCS Tiger's Claw CV-07
Class: Bengal Strike Carrier
Length: 700 Meters
Mass: 80,000 Tonnes
Max Velocity: 150 kps
Cruise Velocity: 100 kps
Y/P/R: 3/3/3 (I'm using these numbers, because I can't honestly believe this ship would take a full six minutes to turn around.)
Shields: Phase
Armor F/A/S: 750/700/650 cm (I'm using the basis that this ship was supposed to have heavy armor. The Concordia is rather lightly armored for its size, so it can't be used as a comparison.)
Armament: 4 Dual Anti Matter Gun Mounts (Replacing the old Plasma Batteries that were on the 'wings'.), 8 Torpedo Tubes (As we now the ship has them from WCM), 35 Dual Laser Turrets, Six Triple Laser Turrets, 1 Single Laser Turret. (Data from WC Academy TV)
Fighter Complement: 104 Spacecraft.

TCS Concordia CVS-65
Class: Confederation Dreadnought
Length: 987 Meters
Mass: 73,000 Tonnes
Max Velocity: 100 kps
Cruise Velocity: 50 kps
Y/P/R: 2/2/2 (Going on my interpretation from WC2)
Shields: Phase
Armor F/A/S: 500/500/400 cm
Armament: 4 Dual Anti Matter turrets (Judging from the large, two gun turret on the bow seen during funerals.), 40 Dual Laser Cannons (Just a guesstimate replacing the flak cannons), 1 Phase Transit Cannon (Disabled)
Fighter Complement: 120

In this slug fest, i'd have to give the nod to the Claw. While the Concordia is large, heavily armed and has a big fighter complement, the Tiger's Claw is faster, more manuverable, more armed and armored and has only slightly less fighters. The fact that the Claw has torpedo tubes also gives her an advantage here. Even with the PTC operational, I think the Claw could maneuver so the Concordia couldn't get a beam on her and even if that wasn't the case, certainly could blow the Connie up before it fired.

I don't like the stats that we have, so I made up new ones, and also I disabled the primary weapon on the ship I don't want to win.

Welcome to SpaceBattles, ladies and gentlemen.

Now I only made up one stat, the Tiger's Claws armor ratings. And judging by how quick the ship manuvered in WCATV, I think 3/3/3 is reasonable for its Y/P/R.

And allright, if they enable the PTC, I guarentee you the fight will he difficult, but I still think the Claw could toast the Concordia in the window it hays before firing. And don't forget the chance that the Concordia will blow up firing it.

Now the armor equivalents in Claw Mark's are screwed up the wazoo so here is a comparison of the two if they were engaging, in oh, 2665:

Lets think about this. Heh, yeah, think - remember when we used to do that? Yeah, I know, me either. But how can the Claw Marks armor data possibly be screwed up? NOTHING EXISTED BEFORE THEM! Lets take a step back in time. It's Christmas day, 1990 and your loving parents got you Wing Commander: The 3D space... whatever...! It's from the Ultima people! There's a little red seal on the box that says so. There's still blood in that stone, Richard. Hey, a cool yellow and blue manual. I'd sure like to harass the guy who edited this into signing like fifty copies someday. Lets take a look!

Gee, wow, armor values. Hornet - three centimeters of rear armor. Cool, cool. Oh, wow, six for the Scimitar. Must be harder to blow those up! And the capital ships have more armor, even. Wow, twenty centimeters for the Exeter. BUT OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!? The Tiger's Claw has *TWENTY FOUR CENTIMETERS* of forward armor?!?! This is impossible! It ranks among mankind's greatest horrors! Make peace with whatever God you believe in, because THIS CONTRADICTS EVERYTHING THAT CAME BEFORE IT! WHICH IS COMPLETELY TRUE AS LONG AS WE FAIL TO REALIZE THAT NOTHING CAME BEFORE THIS! And now there's babies crying and the dog cathes on fire and your brother is on the dope and LIVES ARE TORN APART by this!

So the next time you see those lower armor numbers in the Wing Commander I and II manuals, you remember some advice from old LOAF:

#1) The concept of LINEAR TIME is a MYTH designed by jerks and Hitlers who are trying to TRICK you into thinking that Wing Commander 3 came out after Wing Commander 1 and 2! Don't BELIEVE THE LIE! the TRUTH IS OUT THERE! Third STUPID NINETIES CLICHE!

#2) When presented with only one set of data (Claw Marks) that only happens to be supported by every other set of data (Kilrathi Saga manual, Confederation Handbook, WC1 rereleases, etc.) the BEST and ONLY thing for you to do is to arbitrarily make up NEW NUMBERS! Numbers you make up will be accepted by everyone as a reasonable replacement for those published in manuals, books and those included within the database of the game itself. Don't let anyone tell you your made up numbers aren't as good as the real thing - because all numbers are equal *and* special. Especially your new ones.

I'm here all week!

Sylvester said:
Now I only made up one stat, the Tiger's Claws armor ratings. And judging by how quick the ship manuvered in WCATV, I think 3/3/3 is reasonable for its Y/P/R.

And allright, if they enable the PTC, I guarentee you the fight will he difficult, but I still think the Claw could toast the Concordia in the window it hays before firing. And don't forget the chance that the Concordia will blow up firing it.

Your out of your mind completely! The Claw doesnt Have Phase Shields, any shots you take at it wont do crap! Plus the Tiger's Claw has no Bombers, none of its fighter compliment is Bombers, on top of that the Concordia has Anti Matter guns which are, in essence, energy Torpedoes. The Claw has Turreted Lasers, a defensive weapon, you cant beat a full on Battleship with defensive weapons!

Back