Capship weapons

Please don't make entirely pointless posts :( Be aware of rule 10.

10) Please be aware of the fact that the CIC is limited in bandwidth & server space, and try to be sensible with your posts. Which is not to say that you are to be serious 100% of the time - but there are limits on "silly" posts.

CSMs probably make more sense for the Nephilim than they would for us. With their advantage in fighter numbers, they would have a better chance of making sure the CSM got through. (Or at least they would if they had half a brain. :D )

Okay, based on what we said before, how are these for the weapon loadouts of the various WC3/WC4 ships:

Frigate:

(03) Dual Laser Turrets
(04) Dual Laser Batteries
(02) Dual FF missile tubes
(24) Torpedo Tubes
(03) CSM tubes

Destroyer:
(10) Dual Laser Turrets
(02) Dual AMG batteries???
(12) Torpedo Tubes

Cruiser:
(12) Dual Laser Turrets
(04) Dual AMG batteries???
(08) Torpedo Tubes
(01) CSM tube?

Best, Raptor

Needs the laser batteries for the cruiser and destroyer... and the cruiser carries four fighters.

Hmm. How many laser batteries on each ship? Maybe four on the cruiser and two on the destroyer?

Best, Raptor

I gotta check the exact numbers of AMG's later, but I think this is essentially correct:

Caernaven class Frigate:
(02) Dual Friend or Foe Missile Tubes
(03) Laser Turrets
(03) Capital Ship Missile Tuves
(24) Torpedo Tubes

Destroyer:
(02) Dual Anti-Matter Batteries
(08) Dual Laser Batteries
(10) Laser Turrets
(12) Torpedo Tubes

Tallahassee class Cruiser:
(04) Dual Anti-Matter Batteries
(04) Hellcat class Medium Fighters
(08) Torpedo Tubes
(12) Laser Turrets

Okay, thanks. That'll be a big help with the writing. Now it's just a matter finding time from the work/study grind to actually get it done. *Groan*

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I gotta check the exact numbers of AMG's later, but I think this is essentially correct:

Caernaven class Frigate:
(02) Dual Friend or Foe Missile Tubes
(03) Laser Turrets
(03) Capital Ship Missile Tuves
(24) Torpedo Tubes

Destroyer:
(02) Dual Anti-Matter Batteries
(10) Laser Turrets
(12) Torpedo Tubes

Tallahassee class Cruiser:
(04) Dual Anti-Matter Batteries
(04) Hellcat class Medium Fighters
(08) Torpedo Tubes
(12) Laser Turrets
I'd model all those on for the FS conversion, but I wouldn't know where to fit all the turrets!

While we're on this subject, does anyone know if the capships we see in WC2 (specifically the Gilgamesh, Waterloo, and Confederation classes) have any gun turrets besides the AMGs and flak turrets shown in game?

I could use some help on this to add turrets to my vision engine models of those ships, since following the official WC2 stats just won't work (For instance: a 980m long ship with only 11 turrets gets wasted in a matter of seconds, no matter how I try to distribute the turrets)

I also have another couple of questions:

1-Does any one have a clue how many AMGs and Flak turrets CVEs like the Tarawa have? End Run doesn't mention either of those types of turrets... it does say that the Tarawa has a few Mass Driver and Particle turrets, though, which is one reason why I think the other WC2 era capships could have those types of turrets as well, even though they weren't simulated by the game engine in WC2.

2- What are the roles of AMGs and Flak turrets, specifically?

(Whoa, I think this was my first post in ages. :eek: )

--Eder

1 - None!

2 - Anti-Matter Guns are for battering other capships... like the big guns on a WWII battleship. Flak cannons are anti-fighter weapons. They shoot... flak... into... space!

Yeah, I just realized what you meant, but I edited the post before seeing your reply, so I ended up looking stupid all the same :p

--Eder

Yep, been very busy modelling, as well as doing miscellaneous stuff :)

I think the only relatively new screenshot I have at the website is of the final Broadsword model... Though the Epee and Concordia are almost done already.

--Eder

Damn!! Everytime I see those screenshots I'm like...
eek2.gif

I like this one a lot too: :)
http://standoff.unitedforcesofseed.com/shots/shot9.png

Hell, I like all of them!! :D

Back