Canon? Official? Apocrypha?

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by TC
...For example, the Kilrathi look different in every game and somehow between WC2 and 3 all the people in the universe change from cartoons to real people!!!

Huh? The Kilrathi are "real people" TC? :p

I think he means actors.

No, there real Kilrathi somewere in space, were do you think that Chris Roberts get the idea for wing commander, the reason that they are shaved on WC the Movie is because the film is fiction, so they could not look like the "real" Kilrathi.

Dragon: I whole heartedly agree with you. Just the other day, I was walking in this big building with all these animals and I saw a few Kilrathi walking on all 4 paws behind some bars with the letters T-I-G-E-R written on this little metal plate, maybe those Kilrathi were captured by the Heart of the Tiger?

Pfft... Tigers... that's what the Kilrathi want you to believe. I can't believe how quickly you fell to their diversion.

TC

No no no, its a double triple take trick. They make you think tigers are they're spies, so you will think they arent when in fact they are!

So, we have spies on our planet before we even come in contact with them ? Damn, they must have played wing commander there too !!!

Well, then those Kilrathi are smarter than those in the games. Perhaps they travelled back in time (after having lost the war) and now infiltrate earth so that the Temblor bomb will never be developed. Oh my god, we are doomed! Quick, let's make friends with them so we will be spared:
All hail to our new future Kilrathi rulers!!

But Dragon, seriously: You think we should take the newer source instead of the original when two manuals contradict each other? So you would say the Kilrathi attacked McAuliffe two times, once in 2634 and then again in 2639 instead of Enyo as the Claw marks states it?
Because I would stick to the first source.

Lions and Tigers and Bears (?!?!?)...oh my!

I've got a question.

In the SM2 reference card (copy protection card), it says that a Terran scientist observed the Siver Eshrad in 2621. This was before first contact in 2629.

If he was captured, how would the Terrans know that he witnessed it?

Perhaps he sent some records back to terran space or to his ship which was only found some years later. Or they found information in captured Kilrathi records.
But it is another good example for official materials contradicting themselves (or at least seemingly contradicting).

That is the problem, Origin say that everthing that cames form then is official but since there are contratitions we sould try to fit things together, if we fail, well the new source must be the correct one.

Mmmh, when in doubt, ask LOAF...

Let's make a new rule: ALWAYS TRUST LOAF and forget about the manuals... ;):)

Re: Lions and Tigers and Bears (?!?!?)...oh my!

redwolf, we know that the 2629 encounter wasn't first contact. There were contacts before, but none of them are officially confirmed by the Confederation.

No, he won't, because it's never given. We just know that there were contacts before 2629, like Fawcett's World. A lot of the contacts were made by privateers, merchants, or pirates who lived and worked on the frontiear, and were never recognized by Confed.

Back