Can anyone confirm this...?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I always found the Gothri a bit scarier <G> The Dralthi in Privateer were sort of pathetic.

Most Dralthi variants in the WC games were pathetic. I found the one in Priv to be one of the less pathetic.

Dralthi were just too easy to blast... weak shields and armour...
Gothri on the other hand were more heavily armored, no?

In addition, for some weird reason, probably due to the shape of their fighters, Kilrathi ships were harder to hit for me than Pirate, Retro or other human ships...
Just in Privateer though... :)

Yes, the noble Duke Atreides! :p

I certainly found Dralthis in Priv to be more of a problem to kill than a Talon, Demon or Gladius. Not that the Dralthi did me much harm with her 3 lasers but she wasn't too easy to kill IMO. But again: I didn't kill many Kilrathi in Priv.

I have a strong self-preservation instinct, Mekt....
The most difficult enemy in P/RF (IMHO) is the Retro/Salthi ship
(of course i don´t count the Confed...I´m an honorable warrior)

IMHO the "salthi" from privateer looks far more related to the shok'lar craft from Armada... the detail on the back, engine placement, body curves, and extreme dangerousness all point to the use of the Gemni sector as a testing ground for the new type or a retirement area for prototypes (more likely since it is being handed off to a group of *humans*)

It's the exact same 3D model as the Salthi from SWC and the Shok'lar. The .iff files in RF call it a Salthi, though...

I was most scared of taking on a Kamekh, or of hitting a Confed patrol while running brilliance....
those guys just never gave up....

Originally posted by Ghost
I have a strong self-preservation instinct, Mekt....
Does that mean you would resort to non-noble means?;)

The most difficult enemy in P/RF (IMHO) is the Retro/Salthi ship
(of course i don´t count the Confed...I´m an honorable warrior)

So, because you're so honourable you only fight Pirates, Militia, Retros and Bounty Hunters in their inferior ships instead of someone with a decent ship like Confed ;) ?

I really have to replay RF, I can't remember having any problems with the new Retro ship. Though it would make sense for it to be more of a threat.

Originally posted by Talyn 83
Don't worry about it Stiletto, topic drift is sooooo comon 'round here. You can start a thread about WC1 and end up talking about how to get a BBQ just at the right temperature around here. :D

I'm told liquid oxygen will get you to the proper temperature the most rapidly. The trick is keeping the grill around afterward ...

Respectfully,

Brian P.

I´m a strong defender of peace, freedom and All the good things.
Therefore i fight pirates,retros and the vile Kilrathi :D
(in my free time i chase Harkonnen pigs) :p

You and your narrow-minded definition of "good". who are you to judge who's good and who's bad?
Typical human arrogance. :p ;)

Good is a subjective term, not an absolute one. I'm sure the Cats thought of themselves as "Good". :D

Ah, those lazy artists! ;)

Priv/Armada Gladius = SWC Raptor
Priv/SWC Salthi = Armada Shok'lar
Priv Talon = SWC Gratha
Armada Banshee = SWC Scimitar
Armada Shiraak = SWC Snakeir
Armada Lexington = SWC Bengal (not sure about this one, but maybe it's just the paint jobs that are deceiving me)
WC2 Kilrathi Supply depot = SWC Dorkir

Then, there are some more oddities... the SWC Dilligent is a somewhat modified version of the WC2 Dorkathi, the SWC Hornet's nose looks like the Talon/Gratha's, the Gladius is a light fighter in Priv and a heavy fighter in Armada, and the Spikeri looks A LOT like a Sabre without wings... Hmmmm!

However, I find it a shame that they never used some of the SWC designs for the PC games. The SWC versions of the Rapier, Venture, and Krant looked really great, in my opinion.

By the way, how are these differences (or should I say similarities? :)) treated, canon-wise? Are there two different designs of the Exeter-class ships, for instance, or is only one of the versions considered the canonical one?

--Eder

Back