Can anyone confirm this...?

I was looking through my stash of WC game boxes and something caught my eye. in the centre of the box pic, the ships that are flying are dralthi mk 3s (IIRC....) BUT on the simulator, they read as Dralthi mk 4s! can anyone tell if im seeing things or is it really on the box?

It'd be easier if I knew what game it was (WC3?). It could be a small mess-up...who knows?

Originally posted by Newcommanderondablock
I was looking through my stash of WC game boxes and something caught my eye. in the centre of the box pic, the ships that are flying are dralthi mk 3s (IIRC....) BUT on the simulator, they read as Dralthi mk 4s! can anyone tell if im seeing things or is it really on the box?

I *believe* you're referring to Wing Commander Academy... in which case, the Dralthi on the box is correctly listed as the Dralthi Mk VII (the Righteous Fire variant).

oh, crud.

sorry, i forgot to mention it is the WC:Academy box. I realized this right after i was kicked off (AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! stupid phone lines) and couldnt reconnect.

Im not very good with roman numerals. Is VII the same as 3? or is it 7? i can never get it right. If it is 3, thats the wrong way of writing 3 IIRC..

Once again, sorry i forgot.

To borrow the quote from any foreigner using IRC: ???

They are Dralthi Mark Sevens. Their readout says "Dralthi Mk. VII". The roman numeral for seven is VII. Thus the readout says "Dralthi Mk. Seven". I don't understand the problem.

Originally posted by Newcommanderondablock

Perhaps you're confusing numbers.
1= I
2 = II
3 = III
4 = IV
5 = V
6 = VI
7 = VII
8 = VIII
9 = IX
10 = X

Scary

Dralthi VIIs are scary as hell. They're probably the only non-steltek ships to stand a chance vs Stilettos. Damn, those Stilettos are scary. They beat the crap out of my Centurion regularly... but wait... that's off topic. Doh.

Don't worry about it Stiletto, topic drift is sooooo comon 'round here. You can start a thread about WC1 and end up talking about how to get a BBQ just at the right temperature around here. :D

Just a crazy thought.........

Maybe I'm very very wrong about this, but here goes...

In Privateer/Righteous Fire the "Salthi," as people are saying it is, looks an awful lot like the Shoklar stealth fighter from WCArmada.... And I believe it actually IS the early prototype of the Shoklar for 4 reasons;

1)- It is stated that the Retro's have come into possesion of "New" kind of kilrathi craft.... and the Salthi being old.... (of coarse it could just be a new Salthi variant)

2)- I have never personally gotten a solid sensor reading on the craft's name in Priv/RF... now, maybe that's just because I usually don't purchase anything more expensive than the Hunter AW inf for a radar, but maybe not.... (Maybe somebady HAS positively identified the fighter as Salthi, I just don't know)

3)- The chronology seems to indicate that it is possible, privateer/righteous fire being after WC2 and before Armada...

4)- Finally, the most obvious of the four..... just look at them! They're the same!

(I apologize about the size of the shoklar... I'm just trying to do this quickly and it's late)

So maybe I'm crazy...... but maybe I'm not. I would appreciate anybodies feedback on this.

Salthi pic taken from - WC-CIC Ships Database
Shoklar pic taken from - WCMDF Database

Maybe is a Shoklar, long time since i played RF, But she is a good ship to fight aginst specially with her Steltek-copy gun

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
4)- Finally, the most obvious of the four..... just look at them! They're the same!

Yeah! Those two little white boxes look exactly alike!

P.S. - Try linking to images that are actually on the Internet. That usually helps a little...

To borrow the quote from any foreigner using IRC: ???

foreigner? for someone talking about a program created by a israeli (or something like that) for the internet, the word seems a biiiit out of place, hum? :)

not to mention not only I saw many americans using it, but I have seen hardly any "foreigner", which I believe you mean non-north american, use it
archtyping is bad, man

and on the salthi thing, I never got to play RF, so, there is a new salthi in it? piloted by the retros? how is that possible and is there any pic and/or stats on it?

K

A good definition of foreigner would be "whoever gets mad when you call people foreign". :) As an American, people from other countries are *foreigners* to me. To call them anything else would be *stupid*. And I'm not stupid.

The original IRC network was, IIRC, set up by someone from Finland. He's a *foreigner* to me.

The Kilrathi in RF sell surplus Salthi to the Retros so they can attack us... it's like that WCA Episode, Lords of the Sky.

Silly LOAF, "Foreigner" is a bad word.

It's offensive to over-sensitive punks who're jealous that they're not you.

Back