campaign question + patch question

UncleLlama

Spaceman
Hi all :)

Firstly thanks for making this remake... I've been wasting a lot of time playing it the last week or so. However I have a couple of questions:

1) I've never tried the original Privateer (played WC1-3 to death though) - is the campaign supposed to be this difficult? The first couple of missions are easy, but I find the contraband smuggling very hard. I fly a Demon (have installed the patch) and afterburn past most of the militia / confeds on the way to New Constantinople - but when the mission is completed they're still after me, and they get me in the end! If I stop to fight, more and more enemies come at me until I'm up against about 12 enemies. Form various FAQs on the net I get the impression that they stopped chasing you in the original game after the Brilliance is dumped... or is this just wishful thinking?

2) Certain systems at the edge of the sector are 'blacked out' on the nav map and the jump points to them are missing. I'm not sure but I think that they are the ones added by the WCU patch (the big one found on these forums). This is strange because you still get Merchant's Guild missions to these systems.

Anyway, thanks again for the game!

I may not have added all the relevant jump points -- please tell me which systems are "blacked out".

The Demon is a little flimsy for plot missions, makes for a GREAT smuggler tool if you buy the small cargo expansion though.

After changing to the latest version of the patch, the jump points are all present... A huge universe is within my grasp! :)

Guess you probably already know this, but New Constantinople pops up everywhere... a minor thing, but it seems a bit strange.

I'm still wondering if the campaign is supposed to be this hard! I can complete the three Tayla brilliance running missions, but afterwards I still have both Militia and Confeds mad at me even though I don't fire a single shot at them.

Maybe I should just stop whining...

Hi!

This remake is harder than the original.

Try this:

First, before the brilliance run, make sure the Confed and Militia likes you 100%.

Second, avoid to shoot down any militia/confed on the run, at least attack only if really necessary.

Third, after each run, take all "bounty in system" (or clean sweap or...) missions and kill pirates, do not shoot on Confed/Militia (Hint: when you save in New Const. and quit the game and restart, the Confed ships that were after you are no longer around). Repeat until you´re above 0 for Militia/Confed.

Happy Flying!

The "New Const popping up everywhere" bug unfortunately is only fixed by restarting a new game (not reinstalling, just starting anew). I'm working on a partial work around though. If there are other problems, put them in the WCU thread so I don't bother the real programmers.

Back