Callsigns, Kills, and miscellaneous

1. I guess it'd be around a thousand kills, but I'm not sure.

2. Cricket, since people call me that in real life anyways for some reason I never got.

3. Since 1999 I think.

1) Way the hell too many to count. Probably realistically around 6 or 7 thousand. I play em all the time.

2) Knight or Zor. Usually Zor.

3) About six months ago

1. With only Prophecy & SO I probably have well over 10,000 total kills including replays (maybe 1000+ first time through).
WC1 upto the Ralari Mission I gained 72 kills, but since I could never save the bloody thing I skipped over to WC2 where after 30 missions I have 163 kills (Thrakhath is a piece of pish to take out, but those bloody Drakiahi get me every time...grrr).

2. Used Blair/Maverick for WC1 & 2, Primarch/Jingo for WCP & SO

3. Been here since March 99 (I think).

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
Heck, some people online know me ONLY as Phoenix...they don't even know my real name.
Mmmmmhhh... "Kevin Scholl"? (your profile section gave you away... )

Well, yah...but you had to look it up, now didn't you. :)

Long time no see folks. :) What've we got here....?
Hmmmmm......

To my best recollection, I was able to amass a little over 5000 kills, excluding the replays. My callsign changed with the characters. For role-playing's sake. Playing Blair, I went under Grendel. As Casey in Prophecy, I first signed up as Roach.

I must agree though, that the mark of a truly successful pilot in ANY theatre, is getting the job done, with minimal effort and fuss. That, and your ability to get OUT of trouble, when the enemy decides to MAKE a fuss. :D

1) No idea. I've played through all of them (that were PC based) a number of times, so somewhere in the thousands. I can't recall what the one time through total was, I rememeber one time I went through and kept a record of how many of what kind of ship I killed, and then tried to figure out how many Kilrathi individuals I killed (that being a higher number than ship kills, but not meaningful in any way. The deaths on one cruiser would take a long time to equal going fighter by fighter)

2) Calvin in WC1 (it was a nickname in high school based on the comic strip character) and later Shane, since it seemed kinda silly to have Calvin and Hobbes flying together in WC2. I went with Cubie in Prophecy. I had a friend in high school whose last name was Ison, but we called him Iceman. His little brother we called Cubie, short for Ice Cube. Thought it was appropriate for the son of Iceman.

3) About a year ago. Slow day at work, went searching for WC stuff.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Well, I'm new here, and I just got into a debate with LOAF. Not bad for a first day out.

I frequented the CIC about 3 years ago, then...forgot about it. Now, I found it again, and I've joined the messageboard. Here I am!

At any rate, I'd just like to know a bit more about the people around here, at least relating to Wing Commander. So, I'd like to ask:

1. What's your lifetime Wing Commander kill total? (First run through the game, then adding on subsequent replays) Including Privateer and the add-on games (Excluding P2...Privateer rating is mind-bogglingly hard to get)
2. And, what callsigns do you guys fly under when you play the games? (C'mon, no Mavericks or Frostys! ...unless you actually fly under those names)
3. When did YOU guys come upon the CIC?

For the record, my lifetime kill total is: 987, excluding Privateer 2. I never played Super Wing Commander or Privateer. If you add my replay of the games kill total, I'm somewhere around 3000.

As for my callsign, I fly under Baron (Sorry, LOAF). I've flown under Matrix and Raptor at one point (Matrix for WC 1, and Raptor for 3, before I replayed them as Baron).

I came upon the CIC about 3 years ago, about 2 years after I got the nickname "The Red Baron", and a month after getting WC4 (for free, no less).

1. Cannot count it, but it were many kills, several thousand.

2. I started with the nickname Liberator, taking the name of an X-Wing Nebulon B Frigate. With that name, I played Wc 1/2. Then I shifted to King and played these games again. Another Callsign was Excalibur until the Fighter came out.

Since I came to Denmark, I shifted to Sonntag. This is a german callsign which means sunday, but it has nothing to do with it, my class just called me so as they couldn't pronounciate my normal name. I have played all WC games including Privateer with this name, and I will keep it for all hopefully upcoming WC games.

3. A few weeks ago... At least this was when I registered my name in the forum (I just got promoted!!!!!! *be happy*). I have visited wcnews.com 2 years ago.

Let's see here...

1) Too many to count. WAY too many.

2) Subzero` (don't ask about the ` at the end, long story) or Decius

3) Quite a while back... though I never actually registered for the forums and such here until a couple days ago.

1) Too many to count.
2) Meson
3) The Day the CIC was born. Not exactly. I often frequent WCHS long before the CIC was an idea.

While were talking about kills here.......In wc3's simulator, there was a ten minute gauntlet. Did anybody ever kill all 99 ships set on ace or higher besides me?

Originally posted by Zor Prime
While were talking about kills here.......In wc3's simulator, there was a ten minute gauntlet. Did anybody ever kill all 99 ships set on ace or higher besides me?
You did this without a cheat? I find that difficult to fathom. That would be a clean kill every 6 seconds. In and of itself, that may be possible. However, taking into account the time for new waves to appear and close distance, and for gun capacitors to recharge (you'd have to fire almost constantly to make kills that frequently, given a limited number of missiles), I can't see how that'd be possible.

One day, me and my friend got into a contest to see how many kills we could get. So we set it on ace, and went at it. After several hours of trading off back and forth, We both ended up maxing out the kill scores at 99. I've only been able to do it a few times though.

I've did once a mission in the WCP simulator (Mission 5 i guess). That's the one where you fly a Vampire and you need to shoot down as many craft in 10 Minutes. I ended on 50, so 5 kills per minute... That's possible. Well, i played on nightmare...

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Yea, and Pheonix, you have to remeber that the kilrathi ships wern't that strong.
That's P-H-O-E-N-I-X, and yes, I'm fully aware that the Kilrathi ships aren't that strong. My point, however, is that when adding in the time to close with the opponents and for your gun capacitors to charge, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, would have to be absolutely perfect.

Back