Callsigns, Kills, and miscellaneous

Nep Parth

Spaceman
Well, I'm new here, and I just got into a debate with LOAF. Not bad for a first day out.

I frequented the CIC about 3 years ago, then...forgot about it. Now, I found it again, and I've joined the messageboard. Here I am!

At any rate, I'd just like to know a bit more about the people around here, at least relating to Wing Commander. So, I'd like to ask:

1. What's your lifetime Wing Commander kill total? (First run through the game, then adding on subsequent replays) Including Privateer and the add-on games (Excluding P2...Privateer rating is mind-bogglingly hard to get)
2. And, what callsigns do you guys fly under when you play the games? (C'mon, no Mavericks or Frostys! ...unless you actually fly under those names)
3. When did YOU guys come upon the CIC?

For the record, my lifetime kill total is: 987, excluding Privateer 2. I never played Super Wing Commander or Privateer. If you add my replay of the games kill total, I'm somewhere around 3000.

As for my callsign, I fly under Baron (Sorry, LOAF). I've flown under Matrix and Raptor at one point (Matrix for WC 1, and Raptor for 3, before I replayed them as Baron).

I came upon the CIC about 3 years ago, about 2 years after I got the nickname "The Red Baron", and a month after getting WC4 (for free, no less).

Hehe, neat trick, considering the CIC is only 2 1/2 years old. We know what you mean, though.

1 - I have no idea. I've played it so many times, plus interspersed that with the Star Wars games and others, so that my totals I couldn't even estimate at.

2 - Lots of them. Most common is Iridium, though for online games I go as TyeDyeBoy, since it's more or less never already taken. (If it is, I can actually sue, being copyrighted and all, hehe... having your own business is a good thing).

3 - About September of '98, a month after it opened.

By three years ago, I meant three WRESTLING seasons ago, sorry. I was sitting in the library waiting for a wrestling match, when poof! I came upon in. December '98, I guess.

That's better.

BTW, you mentioned in the other one that you'll never get to 75 posts: Yes, you will. The debate with LOAf was a good start, keep it up and you'll get there.

Since you're new here, let me take a moment and plead:

PLEASE don't get down to meaningless lame little one to two word posts just to have another post. There are people here that have gone up lots of ranks with that, and we generally have no respect for them. Post meaningfully, and the rank will hold meaning. =)

1- Well considering I started playing around eleven years ago when wc1 came out, it must be a pretty large number. I never kept track.
2- Tons, the first was priticularly ego-boosting though I can't remember what it was, it later canged to "inc" which it stayed at for years until finally changing to "Lurky", a nickname carried over from real life unlike those before it.
3- Sometime between wc4 and Prophecy, I think.

1. No clue... several thousand, I'd imagine.

2. I generally fly as Bandit... although I've been Maverick and Frosty lately.

3. I first discovered the CIC... before anybody else!:)

LOAF: come on now, don't be so modest :). One run through each of the first two WC's and their add ons is about a thousand kills. Now I am sure you have played through all of Prophecy and everything. I would say (for someone who has played all the games, a lot) probably around 15k.

1: Good lord, couldn't tell ya. Just the WC games is ALOT, if you count the other space sims, it's through the roof.

2: My original callsign was Paradise. Now it tends to be Ladiesman. Either are acceptable.

3: While i've been a fan of WC for a while, I discovered the CIC sometime around July last summer. I had almost forgotten about WC until I quite accidentaly bought WCP. I went to a search engine to find info about the new ships, and up came the CIC Ships Database. Been coming everyday since.

lil questionaire

1. Lost count after WCII

2. Always used RFB as my call sign

3. Ran into the CIC site shortly (month or two) after it came online. Have never joined it tho till recently. Due to external top secret work. (USAF)

RFB

Originally posted by Hobbie
I would say (for someone who has played all the games, a lot) probably around 15k.
I really don't think you could manage 15 000. Even Maniac only managed 2000 by Prophecy. One run through WC1/SM1/SM2/WC2/SO1/SO2 using the cheat yielded only about 1200, I can't remember exactly. WC3 gives a few hundred, as does WC4. I got about 1800 in Privateer by the end of RF. I don't know about Privateer 2. WCP can give about 900 if you try, I think you can get over 1000 in SO.

At most that's about 5000.

1. Who cares? I used to keep track of my kills, but these days I hardly even look at the killboard (except in Priv, where there's little else to do).
2. Quarto.
3. In the CIC's first days, shortly after Secret Ops came out. I didn't visit the CZ until early '99 though.

1. Absolutely NO idea... though from Blair's record, above 1000 probably... (since I did not play Prophecy yet... :( )
2. KEEN!! From the amazing and startling adventures of COMMANDER KEEN!!! :cool:
3. Er... mid February I guess... and look at me, Colonel already! <G>

Ummhh...I don't have a decent total, as I have only played WC1, WC2, Privateer, Armada, and Prophecy (and Secret Ops). I do own WC3, and am in the midst of trying to get sound to work. I am also trying to get WC4, which still seems fairly common on auction sites. In short, I can't remember.

For callsigns, I used Icedagger for WC1 and Prophecy, but after discovering Christopher Blair, I called myself Maverick in WC2 to make the flow of things more realistic (I also named myself Christopher Blair). Maybe I'm just weird.

I have been at the CIC for a very short time, less than a month I think.

1. To hard to figure out since ive been playing for so long and each game so many times, even if i didnt finish them each time.

2. Superman or when modesty overcomes me FreeFire.

3. Followed teh link to "news" in the Secret Ops site when i was waiting for it to come out. Been in the CZ since January.

1) Absolutely no idea how many kills, though given that I've played every one of the WC games bar the Secret Missions and Privateeer, it must be several hundred.

2) I used to switch my callsign in games fairly reglularly, until I played WC1 in 1990. I was so blown away by the Raptor that I've used Raptor as my callsign ever since.

3) I've been a vistor to the CIC since it opened (and used to haunt AGWC for a couple of years before that) but I've only been on the chatzone a couple of weeks.

Best, Raptor

1) Beats me.

2) I've used No Regret as far back as I can remember, but I only use it for space sims

3) I stumbled onto this place in late '97 after buying WCIV. Been posting here off and on ever since.

I can only guess at my lifetime kill totals. I've played every Wing Commander game I can find. (Except super wing commander, sorry MAC users) So including, Academy, Aramada, and both privateers, I would estimate, about 6-7 thousand. I've played them all more than a dozen times.

I used to fly under Righteous, until Privateer Righteous Fire came out. Then I switched to Excelsis, and have been flying under Excelsis ever since. Excelsis is Latin for the highest.

I found the CIC during the Secret OPS release. But I only recently started posting because I got bored at work.

Still haven't figured out how to put those smilies into a post yet though...

1. No idea how many total kills. I've always been of the mindset that number of kills isn't the most important thing to being a successful WC pilot, but rather completing the missions with minimal damage, and getting all of your charges back in one piece. I don't look at th ekillboards all that often.

2. I've been going by Phoenix since the release of WCI back in 1990. Every so often "imposters" beat me to it while signing up for message boards such as this one -- hence, OriginalPhoenix. Heck, some people online know me ONLY as Phoenix...they don't even know my real name. :)

3. I've been part of the CIC since its inception, being the designer for the original site, and having a large hand in each subsequent iteration. I've not been involved much with IRC rooms of late, but I do frequent the agwc newsgroup daily.

1) Pre Prophecy, just under a thousand, maybe a bit over...
Post Prophecy, oooo gee, millions perhaps? (seriously I did double the kills in Prophecy and then SO than I did in the entire WCU combined)

2) ReDWoLF or SHaDoWoLF

3) Not long :)

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
Heck, some people online know me ONLY as Phoenix...they don't even know my real name. :)
Mmmmmhhh... "Kevin Scholl"? (your profile section gave you away... ;) )

Back