Bug pray

They better do something soon, I'm sure some guys are doing that as we post..

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

A) Does anyone care?

B) Someone would notice (a thread that keeps coming to the top with no new messages...) and yell at the people....

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

B) Someone could start a new thread every couple of minutes and then delete it.

But you're right it realy doesen't matter, I just don't want someone who's been registerd for a day being a captain or something higher, and in each of his posts laughing at people that post when they have something smart to say and are still a cadet or a luitenat. TC why are you still a luitenat? You have over 130 posts.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I know... something's messed up, but it doesn't really matter... (I might be at 200 by the time they fix it...)

TC

------------------

Why don't you ask someone about it?

------------------

~Gunner~

OH my.. TC! That's so cool!! your a Captain!!!!

------------------

~Gunner~

Hey yeah, you're right... I hadn't noticed... I wonder when that got working right...

TC

------------------

*puts on admin hat*

If we see people's post count skyrocketing without evidence of the posts (like if they were deleted), we start upping the number of posts required to reach certain ranks; repeat offenders also get banned.

HTH, HAND.*

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

* Happy To Help, Have A Nice Day.

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 06, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, are those insignias from WC1, WC2?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles."

Gunner once again if you hit the edit button on your post you can write more stuff without making another post.

Death you should ban them, but raising the number required to get each rank wouldn't be fair to other people.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 06, 2000).]

Yeah but no ones going to look way up there. And once again? This is the first time you told me..

------------------

~Gunner~

Just out of curiousity... Does anyone think that I'm making too many posts... I don't think I've said anything like "Yeah" or "I don't agree"... I'm not trying to get alot of posts but I'm worried that I might be annoying people... (I'm on vacation right now and I don't really have anything to do for a couple of hours in the day)

TC

------------------

I think you being just fine. And even if we didn't have this ranking thing i could still post as much, so don't think anything about me as well.

------------------

~Gunner~

Earthworm sez:
>Death you should ban them, but raising the number required to get each rank wouldn't be fair to other
>people.

No, it wouldn't be fair. Nor is abusing the system like that.

Think about it... If you know that you're (general 'you', not you specifically, Earthworm) going to be screwing over a lot of people who won't mind screwing you over in return (assisted by little 'hints' from the admins, who have access to exact post counts
wink.gif
), you'll probably think twice about being stupid for something as ultimately pointless as ranks that don't mean squat.

Peer pressure may not be 'fair,' or even nice, but it is effective.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to find it fair :) Especially when I am one of the ones applying the pressure :)

TC

------------------

FIRST POST TO MAKE IT TO 100!!!
You right. That wouldn't be fair to others..
So.. I guess we just watch out for guys that have been on a day and have 100 post huh?

------------------

~Gunner~

Hey.... I had 100 posts on my second day, You can count them yourself if you think I deleted them... It's possible, it just takes a couple of trips to the site in a day

TC

------------------

I wouldn't post that much in a day. I'd say too much inane things and get fried, booted, spanked, kicked outta here.

And where on earth is Locoman? Did the guy get wasted by the floods?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

I found the deleat post thing useful when I acidentally make double posts. Only used it once, but it shouldn't realy matter now since that feature is gone. Could someone get rid of this multiple page thing? It's really anoying.

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.

It helps with load time... you can skip the pages that you don't need to read... That way I didn't need to read page two which saved a few seconds on load time.

TC

------------------

Back