Bombers

I must say that I go for Manta's then Stingrays, unless I see the rays about to join together where I then just fire a few pot shots at them.

I don't know... the Hades class ships are much more maneuverable than a Plunkett, making it difficult to focus the infamous Plunkett broadside on one <G>

And how would they get a Plunkett close enough when for systems around it are filled with bombers and fighters that would pick them apart.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
When I spot Stingrays at a navpoint, they are the first I target with my missiles so I don't have to bother myself with them later. Just lock an IR on them, fire then switch to the harder foes.
Whoa! Overkill...

I'd really like to see a cutscene with Plunketts fighting other capships - and have their fire actually impact on the ship, not just go straight through it like they do in the SO:Duel intro.

I just played a mission in SO where were approaching the Proxima jump point and we have to go through a carrier, crusier and a destroyer. The Cerebus's turrets were all plugging away at it, making a nice thunking sound.

Not the plasma gun, though, right? I've seen that before, capship turrets shooting the middle of dead capships. Looks very silly.

Hehheh yeah that was what happened. And it just kept firing until i landed on the Cerebus. Guess it wanted to make sure it was good and dead.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Not the plasma gun, though, right? I've seen that before, capship turrets shooting the middle of dead capships. Looks very silly.

I guess the Captain believes there is no such thing as overkill. :)

Best, Raptor

Ive seen that Plasma cannon on the Cerberus fireing at nothing also! Ive also noticed how the bugs try to lure you into the turrets path of fire. (they think they are so smart!) But I have my own little trick that tricks them at their own game! Then I just sit back and watch them fly right into the path of distruction! :D

RFB

Back