Blast on Bali killing over 188

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yup... and both of these other systems were noble ideas crippled by the fact that people are inherently greedy. Capitalism at least says "Okay, people are like this... we'll work with that." instead of ignoring basic human nature.

Taking this a step further... Greed fuels capitalism in other ways too. It is greed that drives invention, giving capitalistic societies a technological edge. It is greed that drives manufacturing, making our products faster, better, and generally cheaper. It is greed that drives discovery, the guy that discovers the new oil field or the diamond mine, is going to be a millionaire. Raw greed can be a dangerous thing, but channeled into a system like capitalism greed can benefit everyone. (I sound like a Ferangi. Someone got a copy of the rules of Acquisition?) :rolleyes:

Here's a definition of greed according to TheFraix:

the uncontrolled need to satisfy one's need fulfillment of power or possession

:cool:

Originally posted by TheFraix
Here's a definition of greed according to TheFraix:

the uncontrolled need to satisfy one's need fulfillment of power or possession

:cool:

Greed: We wingnuts are GREEDY for a new WC Game. We are not satisified with 9 plus titles in the series, several books, and a movie. We will always want MORE. It is greed that keeps WC alive. If we ever stop being greedy WC is doomed.:D

Alright...

We are greedy for a new WC thingie...

but that greed was caused of an unsatisfiable urge to have something new regarding WC, added with several disappointments caused by the franchise owners... sums up to a need_to_be_fulfilled_no_matter_what !

I can explain this psychologically if you want

Back