Blair Carrier

Cheater

Spaceman
I wonder if they will make a carrier named after Blair in the next wing commander game(hope that's soon), do you think so, if they do, I hope you get to serve on it.

I dunno, that'd be kind of neat. In the WC Universe, a T.C.S. Blair will probably show up eventually, but I don't know how likely it'd be to see one in the next game.

------------------
If i'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

We know...
smile.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
actually, I was thinking more of a TCS Christopher Blair, I think Blair,by itself just doesn't sound as good.

And people should feel good that we know that.
smile.gif
Even though there's yet to be an official announcement and anything could still happen, there was a time where we couldn't even say that with confidence.

Yeah, and now you can and it gives us a nice warm and fuzzy feeling inside...

Cheater: You like the sound of T.C.S. Christopher Blair better? Personally, I think T.C.S. Blair rolls off the tongue easier.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited February 04, 2000).]

I don't need a nice warm fuzzy I need...well that doesn't matter.

You'd think they'd be a little more forthcomming if they wanted to keep previous customers interested.

Christopher Blair could easily be the complete name while Blair is a passing name everyone calls it. Like Tiger's Claw and Claw, Mount St. Helens and St. Helens.

They've been as forthcoming as past experiences have taught them to be.. they've been bitten and burned by leaking out early information in the past.

what kind of carrier do you think we will be put on in the next game? I think, becuase it seems to be a trend in these games, that they will probably invent a totally new class once again, and us, part of the "lucky few", will be assigned to her. Personally, I hope it's another Midway, or the Midway, it would be cool to actually experience staying on the same ship through at least two full games, though they might highten(Sp?) the effect by letting you go to other parts of the ship, like the flight deck or the bridge.

But I don't think ships usually get first names. USS Kennedy, for example. So, TCS Blair it would have to be.

For all we know one could already exist.(You don't need the person to be dead to build a ship bearing their name. I believe one of the Nimitz class carriers was named after a person who was still alive, and there was some controversy over that.)

First names do indeed get used, but most people don't use em when referring to a ship. Examples would be the US Nimitz class flattops. They all use full names of the person they're named after, but are usually abbreviated or just referred to by the last name. Not sure how it'd work with Confed though.

------------------
"I hope you make it, Tarkington. Just don't pull the handle till after we've hit. Promise me."
"I'm behind you all the way CAG..."
-Captain Jacob Lee "Coolhand" Grafton, and Lieutenant Robert "Toad" Tarkington, Final Flight

Hehe. Next time when I'm tempted to say something about which I know nothing... Somebody shove something in my mouth
smile.gif
I withdraw my comment regarding the disuse of first names
smile.gif

But they really can't name a Midway-class carrier after Blair, because the Midways are named after naval battles... I think. I'll just keep quiet now
wink.gif

Well if the TCS Eisen indeed is a Vesuvius class heavy carrier, then having a Midway by the name of TCS Christopher (middle initial here) Blair, wouldn't be so odd, seeing as Confed never really seems to follow a pattern with ship names(though the novels did try. Old battle names for the fleet carriers, naval engagements and the like during WWII for the CVEs and such).

Chances are they were already planning to name one for Blair(then again they'd make a new say "Tolwyn class" carrier Blair just to spite our speculation methinks.)

------------------
"I hope you make it, Tarkington. Just don't pull the handle till after we've hit. Promise me."
"I'm behind you all the way CAG..."
-Captain Jacob Lee "Coolhand" Grafton, and Lieutenant Robert "Toad" Tarkington, Final Flight

Back