Best WC music

To me, the best music ever in WC universe was the one fom the movie, Kevin Kiner and David Arnold did a fantastic job. The Overture it's one of the best piece of movie music I ever heard and really sets the mood to the film.

Sadly, once you heard a David Arnold opening, you've heard em all. Stargate, ID4 & Godzilla have the same basic 4/4 timing: a slow build up to choir and loud brass gillisandi.

I discovered how to actually extract the inflight music from WC4 and Prophecy! I'm almost certain it's in stereo, too. See my new thread for more details.

Has it ALL already been done?

Remember a couple of months ago, somebody (I forget who) discovered how to extract the orchestra music from Prophecy. The only problem with it was the extracter split the music into hundreds of tiny files, and while somebody did a great job pasting them together, there were still a couple clicks and pops. GAP eliminates this problem. It also extracts the simulator music and includes ENDINGS to the songs, unlike the ones you'll find on the WCNews Music page.

If it has already been done, perhaps the WCNews page could be updated with all the music?

[edit: was that 'somebody' you, Zor Prime, then?]

that somebody was not me. at least not all of it. I wa able to get the WC4, music and movies extracted, and I also was able to get some of wc3. But that was it. Mad Hatter did alot of the WCP stuff I believe.

But, if what you have is different, let us see it!

but yes, i have all of the music from the games, unless there is stuff that has been hidden.......

Ah yes, good old Mad Hatter. And whoever else was involved.

Unfortunately I don't have the best Internet connection, or anywhere to upload my files, or I would prove it. But read my new thread for more info, if you haven't already. Try the GAP out yourself if you like.

I've already addressed the Prophecy differences. For WC4, basically I have extracted around 18 tracks of inflight music (all over 45 seconds), plus a few more small dittys that play if you die or kill something or whatever. Specifically that's 4 main inflight music tracks from each Music.tre file (and there are 4 files). Plus there are two more tracks that are the same in each file, one is victory and one is defeat.

On the other hand, I have only 6 inflight music tracks that I got from here (you or Mad Hatter or whoever). They seem to be longer, but that's because they loop. I'm working on comparing them now. More details in my thread when I'm done.

Either way, where are people supposed to find the music? Myself, I'm sure I've lost the links by now... sure, people can remind me, but wouldn't it be easier to have all the files in one place (like the CIC music page?)?

The WC4 inflight music was only about 45sec to just over a minute long. When in the game, they just looped. WC4 has been completely extracted and finished. I also managed to extract all of the movies. If you want those let me know and I'll tell you how to get them.

Sure, how did you extract the movies? Does it work for WC3? How about Prophecy? (I can extract the Prophecy movies SOUND but not the video. ???) I have the WC4 DVD, so I don't really need to know for that.

You're right, the music tracks are all around that long. All designed for looping. It's confirmed, I have 18 unique tracks: 8 combat, 8 flight, and 2 win/lose. Not counting, of course, the little 10-second ditties. I'm curious, how did you extract the music? With my luck there's probably an essential utility floating around for a long time that I didn't know about...

GAP does a pretty decent job on WC4 music,Backslash, but I`ve never been able to extract Prophecy music with it. If You know something I don`t know about that program, I`d appreciate it.

Later that day....

...well, I downloaded GAP132, and what do you know? The kid is absolutly right, Prophecy inflight music can be extracted with GAP.

Great, I guess I`ll have some more stuff to play around with, so stay tuned for more Prophecy music

When I get the chance, I'll have a go at the GAP thingy. Is it hard to use?

<Thinks of stereo WC4 inflight music> Drool. :)

BTW, MH, how is the WC2 Theme going?

Originally posted by Backslash
Sure, how did you extract the movies? Does it work for WC3? How about Prophecy? (I can extract the Prophecy movies SOUND but not the video. ???) I have the WC4 DVD, so I don't really need to know for that.

You're right, the music tracks are all around that long. All designed for looping. It's confirmed, I have 18 unique tracks: 8 combat, 8 flight, and 2 win/lose. Not counting, of course, the little 10-second ditties. I'm curious, how did you extract the music? With my luck there's probably an essential utility floating around for a long time that I didn't know about...

Well, yes. the utilities that I have can be used to extract WC3 videos as well as WC4 vidieos. WC4 can be played with xanmovie, and wc3 movies, can be played with the player in the CIC files section. Lets just say....it plays them in a rather odd manner. What ever you want to watch replaces the opening movie. Anyway, I have another rippper, called ripper5, which can only be run on win 95 and lower.

If you want my WC movie ripping materials, grab them here: http://www.geocities.com/zor_prime_007/index.html It does not work for WCP though. Diffrent compression type. Hope it works for ya!

Re: Later that day....

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
...well, I downloaded GAP132, and what do you know? The kid is absolutly right, Prophecy inflight music can be extracted with GAP.

Great, I guess I`ll have some more stuff to play around with, so stay tuned for more Prophecy music

YES!!!!!!! MORE MUSIC!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!! You are awesome Mad Hatter!

Thanks Zor Prime, but I have those utilities. Doh, no Prophecy extractor yet. Ah well.

Huzzah Mad Hatter! Let us know where to get it, and then let's all bug the CIC to put it on their main music page instead of making it a news feature that gets forgotten the next month. :)

Also, did you note what I said about the simulator music? The tracks include endings. Perhaps you've done this already, but again, we need to bug the CIC to update their music page; the tracks they have sound cut-off or too short.

I don`t care much for the simulator music, but if people want it, and the CIC agrees to replace the ones on it music page, then I have no problem extracting them too.

As for the WC2-opening theme you asked for, Wedge, I uploaded and emailed TC about it, but haven`t seen it on the page yet.

I must say there is quite a lot of Prophecy music there to extract and edit, so it`ll take some time.

I'll be happy to redo the music page... but lets do it right

Somebody make a list of every track of music in WC games, and then we'll work on gathering them all.

Back