Best soundtrack?

I leave out Prophecy only because of the large skew they took on the music. I liked the WCP music enough to buy the soundtrack, and it even got me into Cobalt 60 and Rammstein beyond that, but comparing WCP music to the other games, it's kind of like taking the script for Amadeus and turning into something akin to Some Kind Of Monster

The music on the soundtrack isn't in the game (with the exception of the Cobalt 60 Prophecy theme, which is over the end credits), though... the actual gamehad orchestral music by George Oldziey.

I really liked the jazz music in the rec room in WC3, which reminds me if I could somehow copy it from the game files and listen to it? Does anyone know how?

Also, I dont know if anyone caught this but I've played WC3 on KS and WC3 on 3DO and noticed; immediately after finding out that Angel died if you go into the rec room on the 3DO version, there is a slow and very deplorable tune playing. But, on the WC3 KS version, its deleted. Does anyone know why?

You should find that wc3 song here

That's interesting about the 3DO, I really want to get my hands on one of the alternate versions of WC3 and see the differences for myself

The music on the soundtrack isn't in the game (with the exception of the Cobalt 60 Prophecy theme, which is over the end credits), though... the actual gamehad orchestral music by George Oldziey.

Yeah, that was a pretty big disappointment... but I bought it anyway :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Privateer, hands down. I loved this music so much, I kept asking for someone to make the tracks go longer. Someone here, I forgot who, turned them into eight minute loops and I burned them on a CD and sometimes I'll listen to it in the car.

I especially love the New Constantinople and Agriculture Base tracks. It's totally the kind of music you wish would be playing in the background at sort of dismal locations. Unfortunately, I do not have a looped version of the Mining Base track. People wonder why I would want that as there is hardly anything going on in the music. But I think it's the perfect kind of ambient music one might listen to while doing my math homework or something. New Detroit is also kind of similar in this way.

Yeah, I agree, much of the Privateer base music is my favorite. During that 2000-2003 period when a lot of us temporarily lost the ability to play some games like Privateer or Armada, I used to get those background songs stuck in my head and feel really nostalgic.

At the risk of going off topic, where does Strike Commander's soundtrack fit in?

I always think of Wing Commander and Strike Commander as being chips off the same block, but who knows?

I really liked the music from Strike Commander because it fit the game's atmosphere so well. The game's cheesy guitar riffs and action movie beat really made it feel like a corny 80s action movie, but in a really good way.

Strike Commander's music is cool. Love it too.

Each WC music evokes different kinds of feelings and memories, but I'd love Oldizey's style. Arnold's theme in the movie was great, but I wished the CD soundtrack would at least included the Battle Stations scene (it's my favorite music scene in the movie, too bad they left it out in the soundtrack album).

My least favorite WC song would be... hmm... lemme think, Priv2 and Academy (cartoon series, not the game).

-Fraix

For the games, I love both I and II.

That said, I also am a huge fan of both WC: Academy openings, and the dogfight/action theme that made it into about every episode. :)

Back