Best movie quote

Not a movie, but from TV's "M*A*S*H*" sitcom: This is Hawkeye talking about the self-destructive ways of CIA spook "Col. Flagg"

"...if we had more people like him, we'd have less people like him."

(if it doesn't seem too funny, I guess "you had to be there": see if you can rent that particular episode on video. In the context of the scene where it occurs, it's hilarious...)

This one comes from We Were Soldiers. Col. Moore (Mel Gibson) has just finished explaining to his men about Crazy Horse and how all the warriors in his tribe refer to the old warriors as grandfather. Sgt. Major Plummley (Sam Elliot) then says "If any of ya sons a bitches calls me grandfather, I'll kill ya.":D

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

John Wayne, as J. B. Books, in The Shootist.

Absolutely awesome.

"Private Pile, I'm gonna give you three seconds, exactly three f***ing seconds, to wipe that stupid grin off your face before I gouge out your eyeballs, and skull f*** you!"

R Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket

A couple of quotes from Casablanca:

"Major Strausser has been shot!"
(pause)
"Round up the usual suspects."

and

"I'm shocked! Shocked to discover there is gambling going on in this establishment!"
"Your winnings, sir."

1. I want to go to Alderaan with you. There's nothing left for me here. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father. Luke Skywalker - Star Wars

2. It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Oddball - Kellies Heroes

3. I don't care. Really I don't. Trapper went home their still coming. Henry got killed their still. Wherever they're coming from their not gonna stop coming. Hawkeye - M*A*S*H

4. LUDICROUS SPEED! GO!!!!!!! Dark Helmet - Spaceballs

Imitating Captain Ramius Jack says - "Ryan be careful, somethings in here don't react well to bullets", then in his own voice, "Like me, I don't react well to bullets" Jack Ryan /Hunt for Red October

"Get off my plane" - President / Air Force One

"Great Scott" Doc Brown / Back to the Future 1,2, & 3

"I was your mother's father's brother's former roommate" Dark Helmet / Space Balls

"We will scoop out your brains..." Thrakhath / WC3 (Hey, it was an interactive movie):D

Excelsis, the correct quote is:

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Originally posted by Excelsis
"Great Scott" Doc Brown / Back to the Future 1,2, & 3
"Great Scott!" - Marty McFly, Back to the Future 3. :)

"We will scoop out your brains..." Thrakhath
You know, thinking about this again, it seems Thrakhath was nice enough to concede that Humans did have some brains to scoop out. :D

Originally posted by TopGun
I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
And that would just make them cousins. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
"Great Scott!" - Marty McFly, Back to the Future 3. :)

I watched Back to the Future 3 again just to be sure. Doc Brown says "Great Scott" at the very beginning even before the opening credits. And yes you're right Marty McFly does say it too, when told the tombstone could be his. So we're both right!;)

Originally posted by TC
No it wouldn't...
D'oh, you're right. I was thinking about the former roommate. :/

And yes you're right Marty McFly does say it too, when told the tombstone could be his.
Bleh, the Doc always says "Great Scott!" and Marty always says "This is heavy!" I just liked the joke where the thought that Marty was going to die instead of Doc was so bad that they switched around their trademark expressions! Probably been around each other too long. :)

Batman

Batman: I want you to tell all your friends about me
Thief: What are you?
Batman: I'm Batman

Back