Best movie quote

Ripper

Peace Through Superior Firepower
How about this one? Your favorite movie quote. For example:

James Caan, Thief: "I am the last guy in the world that you want to fuck with."

I like that one, but Ill have to think a while to get my all time favorite.

How about the entire speech from ID4? "We will not go quietly into the night! . . .". I get a little tear in the corner of my eye evertime I see that! :)

C-ya

"Karma is justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice" - James Caan, "The Way Of The Gun"

I don't know the name of the actor but it's the black guy with the fro in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels... he has two great quotes:

"If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it."

"If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya."

Then you have the great quote by Brick Top in Snatch:
"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again."

:D LOL! Lock Stock completely owned!
"Could everyone stop being shot at?"

As for my favorite quote... Hm, tough one... Probably a fair share of Blade Runner. The Ciderhouse Rules was quite something, too.
Tobey Maguire: "Rule 1: Do not smoke in bed."
Apple picker: *Blows out a LARGE smoke-cloud* "Too late for that."

Michael Caine: "Good night you princes of Maine, you kings of New England."
The naming-scene was cute, too. Any movie measuring up to Ciderhouse Rules must be seen. Failure to comply will result in tickling. *Tickles myself to near-death for opting not to see so many of them*

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."-Robert Duvall, Apocalypse Now

"Do what I say, or I'll shove this fat piece of shit up your fat f***ing ass!"-James Gandolfini, The Sopranos (not a movie, but oh well)

Originally posted by LeHah
"Karma is justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice" - James Caan, "The Way Of The Gun"

How about "You know what I'm gonna tell God when I see him? I'm gonna tell him I was framed." -Benicio Del Toro, WOTG

Until that day....

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
The naming-scene was cute, too. Any movie measuring up to Ciderhouse Rules must be seen. Failure to comply will result in tickling. *Tickles myself to near-death for opting not to see so many of them*

I like how the CZ never fails to scare the hell out of me! :)

We have a weapon, greater than any in their entire arsenal, and that is our refusal to bow to any order but our own, our refusal to obey any law but our own...
Liam Neeson in MIchael Collins

Originally posted by Soma
How about "You know what I'm gonna tell God when I see him? I'm gonna tell him I was framed." -Benicio Del Toro, WOTG
Until that day....

Until that day then, Soma...

*Best* movie quote?... Geez, that's hard to say; there's so many to choose from. I'll just hafta post 'em up here one by one as they occur to me, until this thread is closed. Here's the first that occurs to me:
==================
...from "Top Gun"(Hondo, chewing out Maverick):

"..son, you're ego's writing checks your body can't cash"...

Excellent use of metaphor; LOVED it:..so true, of so many, so often in life!...:cool:

===================
Oh, here's another, from X-Men: The Movie:
===================
Cyclops (to Wolverine):
"Wait: How do we know it's really *you*?..."

Wolverine:
"You're a dick"

Cyclops:
"Yep, it's him" (or something close to that)

I was LOL!

Correction:

Cyclops (to Wolverine):
"Wait; how do we know it's really you?"

Wolverine:
"You're a dick"

Cyclops:
"Oooooook..."

(This was the only peice of dialouge kept from Joss Whedon's X-Men script. As of two weeks ago, you can download John Ottman's X-Men 2 trailer on KaZaa)

Originally posted by LeHah
Correction:

Cyclops (to Wolverine):
"Wait; how do we know it's really you?"

Wolverine:
"You're a dick"

Cyclops:
"Oooooook..."

(This was the only peice of dialouge kept from Joss Whedon's X-Men script. As of two weeks ago, you can download John Ottman's X-Men 2 trailer on KaZaa)

1) I stand corrected
2) Thanx 4 that trailer info-Got a link for it?... Oh, wait: isn't Kazaa that awful piece of spyware?...

Originally posted by Preacher
Oh, wait: isn't Kazaa that awful piece of spyware?
Yes, yes it is. I think KaZaa Lite is the one without spyware, but I don't use those kinds of programs anyway.

Favourite quotes is it then? well...

Kevin spacey in the usual suspects:
"the greatest trik the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

-or-

Darth Vader: "I AM YOUR FATHER!"

"Never give up, never surrender!"
from Galaxy Quest

also from a different kind of movie...
"If somebody told you that I'm just an average ordinary guy without a care in the world,
somebody lied."

This isn't technically from a movie (Grim Fandango), but neat all the same:

"Glottis, are you loco? That was a company car!"
"Oh yeah! And it's even better company now!"

It took a while until the pun came through for me. That scene was just wonderful! And let's not forget this one:

"I'm driving! Yeah!"

If there was a church of Glottis, I'd join instantly.

Back