Best Captain

Yeah. I remember the commercials for "The Year Of Hell" and was expecting the ship to turn into a slap-dash repair ship. No such luck.

Originally posted by Ripper
The whole concept of Voyager was lame.

I especially liked when the ship got beat up, the next week it was sporting a brand new paint job like there was a starbase nearby, or something. Gag.

and how they are trying to get home, but they go a hundred light years out of the way to take pictures of a black hole or something

Well at least we got Seven of Nine. :p

Actually I think she might have started a bad trend in star trek. Bodacious babes are good and all, but it seems like putting blatant sex symbols in the shows (T'pol as well) just insults my intelligence.

At least they're nice to look at....

That started with Deanna Troi in sexy blue outfit...

WAIT!

Who enjoyed Uhura naked dance scene ?!?!

actually the babe thing has been with ST ever since the begining. who can forget the uniforms the babes in the original series?

Yes, but they weren't thrown at us like "LOOK AT ME, I'M IN A SKIN-TIGHT ONE PIECE SUIT! I HAVE LARGE BREASTS AND A GOOD FIGURE!" They were more subtle about it. Whenever I see 7of9 or T'Pol, I can't help but think that Paramount was feeling desperate.

well, look at the quality of the series that those two star in. they had to stick something good in there.

I'll drink to that sentiment, Mav. It seems Star Trek has lowered it's self to hiring Baywatch Babe knock-offs to get extra ratings with dorks.

I GOT IT! The next Star Trek movie will be with the "Enterprise" crew! I are a jenius!:D

Originally posted by Mav23
Yes, but they weren't thrown at us like "LOOK AT ME, I'M IN A SKIN-TIGHT ONE PIECE SUIT! I HAVE LARGE BREASTS AND A GOOD FIGURE!" They were more subtle about it. Whenever I see 7of9 or T'Pol, I can't help but think that Paramount was feeling desperate.

Now I'm not a fan of the show but i would agree with that... also maybe the show is just old and boring... i mean, i think it has run it's course in my view... i've seen the odd show but i could just never get into it... i did see the movie Trekkies on Space here in Canada... now that was funny... i laughed my ass off the whole time... there were some real creepers in that movie...

It's offical. If Wil Wheaton says ST movies are over...

"Based on the box office, I think it's a safe call to assume that the TNG movies really are finished."

Originally posted by LeHah
It's offical. If Wil Wheaton says ST movies are over...

what do you mean if Wil Wheaton says it's over. you want to know if it's over, get someone important to say it. :)

Originally posted by Mav23

Actually, yes the the cheap viewership from scantily clad women blatantly displayed does go back to the original series, you're just not thinking in the right decade. The ST:TOS short dresses were pretty much all they could get away with in the mid '60's, were you couldn't get away with showing a belly button, much less a very provocative skin-tight bodysuit.

Best Captain - Halsey :)

C-ya

Back