Behold, the completed Fralthi! (sorta)

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Well, I added the turrets and such (yes, I am aware that they are not the spherical turrets, however I wanted to cut down needless polys). This picture was really an experiment on creating a more realistic planet (I'm kinda pleased with this one). Anyways, if all goes well and Eder and the crew at Standoff agree I hope to be doing some animation sequences for them (not necessarily using these models).

fralthidesktop.jpg

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
regarding the planet. Your bump setting are way too high. Try using something around -3 till 3.

I also suggest making stars smaller and adding more detailed textures to the model. I imagine how cool bump and specular effects will look on this baby :D

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
LOL, I know it 's a bit much on the planet but I can gurantee that 3 won't work...that about 600% bump on it right now. My planets are still a work in progress so I'll have to fiddle with that. I'm hoping to add a bump map to the Fralthi...but I've been working on some other projects as well so...I'd like to study up on how to import models into Freespace 2 so I can do some modding, that too is on my list to do. Thanks for the comments though, I do need to splay with the bump maps a bit.