Behold, the completed Fralthi! (sorta)

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Well, I added the turrets and such (yes, I am aware that they are not the spherical turrets, however I wanted to cut down needless polys). This picture was really an experiment on creating a more realistic planet (I'm kinda pleased with this one). Anyways, if all goes well and Eder and the crew at Standoff agree I hope to be doing some animation sequences for them (not necessarily using these models).

fralthidesktop.jpg

regarding the planet. Your bump setting are way too high. Try using something around -3 till 3.

I also suggest making stars smaller and adding more detailed textures to the model. I imagine how cool bump and specular effects will look on this baby :D

LOL, I know it 's a bit much on the planet but I can gurantee that 3 won't work...that about 600% bump on it right now. My planets are still a work in progress so I'll have to fiddle with that. I'm hoping to add a bump map to the Fralthi...but I've been working on some other projects as well so...I'd like to study up on how to import models into Freespace 2 so I can do some modding, that too is on my list to do. Thanks for the comments though, I do need to splay with the bump maps a bit.

Back