BattleTech is a bad game -- don't buy it

Impossible! George Washington was a man of virtue whose opinion matters!

I'm guessing, if they were eaten, it was by Abe Lincoln. In that case, we made need Joshua's friend to develop a John Wilkes Booth missile.

Yup :D

Except, in South Park, it was a giant Abe Lincoln that could only be stopped by an equally giant John Wilkes Booth.

1337 post :p

I'm pretty sure this thread is proof that we shouldn't have removed the admin button that sets people on fire for posting things.

Bandit LOAF said:
I'm pretty sure this thread is proof that we shouldn't have removed the admin button that sets people on fire for posting things.

I told Kris and Hades it was a bad idea to remove that button before the "bomb the offender's house into rubble" function was completed. But did they listen?! Noooooooo... they had to be all "clean out old stuff before new stuff goes in".

Therefore, we can blame Kris and Hades for Joshua's presence.

Is it too late to put in a similar button again?

And by the way, if this was an ideal world, the Davion Assault Guards RCT would have first bombed, then missiled, then shot the house up with autocannon, lasers, and gauss rifles, and finally danced on the ruins of your house.

Old G.W. says:

heart3.png

Filler said:
Playing BattleTech is playing with HITLER.

Please don't insinuate Hitler gives a shit, either. He's busy in a confrence call with Washington and Churchill about how super polymers were the sole reason the Allies won WW2...

That is a subject of great evil.

Keep away from Dorkage, before you are lured into the ways of the click-base AgroMech!

But, since they don't have super polymers in Dorkage, Herring-head hates it too.

Ein-7919 said:
Taking a cue from Bob McDob, I just ran a search through 4 search engines (google, webcrawler, metacrawler, yahoo) on the subject of "Star Adventure 4010." The only return I got was from WCCIC's own forum thread "Why didn't Confed fight the Kilrathi more intelligently?"

I am afraid that we (I and a few other posters) have been the victim of a troll. Hook, line, and sinker we have been lured to spending several minutes formulating responses that have no impact on the original poster. Just thought I'd share this little insight to the rest of you. Bye bye.

The sad thing is I actually looked through the CIC search engine to see if thatr miniatures game I talked about a few years ago was Space Adventure 4010. But no, it was something completely different called Squadron Commander 3600. Those game designers sure like using large numbers!

The problem with a game of battletech, is that it takes forever, hours and hours of gameplay on the hexboard. Interestingly enough, the fiction is not all that bad, dealing with the clan wars and such.

My friends and I have a visual image. Just picture two giant metal guys shooting at each other, but making no effort to dodge, after hammering away till both are scrap on falls over, and another mech walks up and shoots the remaining crippled mech.

Dark Age, I don't know alot about it, the game itself seems easier than all the paperwork necessary for the first game, though I liked the story for the clan wars and comstar. Notice that they are releasing alot of "classic" battletech stuff, enough people must miss the original game.

Joshua or whatever seems to not remember for centuries there wasn't really a ranking system, you either had a mech or you didn't, if you lost yours you became "dispossesed", ranks were for the military and some mercenary groups. The inner sphere was a scavenging society.

Battletech fanatic

That fanatic would be me.
I followed it for years longer than WC because of it's diversity.
Boy could I rant. You must only have skimed like one Stackpole novel or maybe mechwarrior 4. Every nationality of the human race is portrayed. The star league was the last attempt at the UN. And it is far more believable that mankind would NOT unite under one ruling body and break off into many factions.

The boardgame is not one for those who want something quick. True. It's rules were bent by people like myself who strive for accuracy and insanely more complex to involve more and more things. There are other versions such as Battleforce, MechwarriorRPG, and Mechwarrior Darkage for a bit faster play.

Battletech/mechwarrior story is extremely complex and long and goes all the way back to before Earth started space exploration. (starts normally at the 3rd world war). Nothing is black and white or good or bad. Factions of their beliefs that they stand up for and fight for just like in real life. Also no aliens which some people find hard to believe.

But I love my beloved WC just as much for it's WW2 feel and all those memories. Ahh.

I once own the boardgame. Third Edition game of armored combat. Then one day my little young cousin came around and played with the models, and took them to his home.

The next thing I knew, the only surviving model I have now is a bit thorn Thunderbolt.

I also have the Battletech 2 Reinforcements, which is just a lame excuse for more units and standup icons, and a complete set of new-rules-based spec sheet.

And then I bought the Mechwarrior Trading Card Game... which at a very good discount (about Rp,25000,- per deck) and played it for a couple of times.

And just recently, I've bought Dark Age... which is a bit to simple compare to the classic boardgame.

-Duh-

Just remember all the rules they could have written better but have deliberately refused to do so. They won't listen to good reliable balanced ideas when they're proven they'll work.

Back