BattleTech is a bad game -- don't buy it

nobody...but NOBODY...calls me chicken

*drag races massive four wheel drive truck against little wimpy truck overloaded with drunken hooligans...hits rolls royce...hurts hand...has horrible horrible future and gets fired*

........I win again!:D

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. Point of Interest- I'm a direct descendent of the real Colonel Sanders on my fathers side. :-D </pointless bragging>

dunno. it's property of the franchise. besides, I'm not sure how I'm related, but I've been told by dad it's "directly" so if you guys are going to want three different notorized and handwritten documents proving my genetics...sorry to dissapoint...LOL.

In that case, I want a large deep dish, extra cheese, pepperoni, pineapple, canadian bacon, and no tomato sauce (or, at least, as little as possible). I expect it in 30 mins or I'm not paying.

no, not Dominos. they're a chain, we're a parlor. one of a kind, unique, boutique- dedicated customer base who prefer dealing with little companies instead of faceless conglomerates. YAY FOR ME!

<3 Cheese sticks. They're the food of the gods.

Oh, somewhat related to the original topic (I enjoy the Battletech universe, but all I've really done is play the 'Mechwarrior games) - what is this thing I keep hearing about the Battletech universe filching 'Mech designs off Japanese science fiction artists and productions? Anyone know about that?

If that's true it'd be the third time I've heard of something Western built from Japanaese stuff... Transformers, Robotech...

(GO GO TYCO BATTLETECH HUNCHBACK TOY! *zinnnng pow pow pow* ... I bent my Hunchback :( )

I don't think I have ever seen a TRANSFORMER mech, but ROBOTECH/Macross yeah. Stingers and Wasps are Veritech/Valkarie, Phoenix Hawks are Super Veritech/Super Valkarie?, Rifleman are Raider X/Phalanx (I think), Archers are Gladiator/(not sure), Warhammers are Excalibur/and I think Gladiators from macross. Maruaders are Zentradie officer pods (I forgot what they are called in Macross, and thier Zentradie name). There are a few more out there.
I used to know why, it had something to do with Harmony Gold not holding the rights to the images or something.
I was kinda let down when they skipped all that time to Dark Ages, I was interested in the Inner Sphere as it was at the end of the Clan War, with Victor Stiener-Davion, and all those guys.
There was probably to much peace lol. Didn't the inner sphere just get out of the dark ages.

Archers were known as "Spartans" in Macross, "Gladiator" when ported to Robotech. Warhammers are Tomahawks/Excaliburs. Zent officers us the "Glaug" pods (pulled from RPG material IIRC). I think the recent "Battlecry" game went back to using Macross names.

Complete listing here.

Hope that linking works *crosses fingers*

Edit *cleans up link*
Edit *yay!*

BlackJack2063 said:
I don't think I have ever seen a TRANSFORMER mech, but ROBOTECH/Macross yeah.

Actually, what I meant by the statement about Transformers and Robotech was that both Robotech and Transformers in some way took stuff from Japanese products. Robotech being the Frankenstein of cartoons, a story told using footage from Macross and some other series. The Transformers line, as I understand it, was put together out of several different vehicle-into-machine toy lines that Hasbro bought (not too sure about this).

On the link: Interesting... are these all of the 'Mechs that have been taken from another place? Or are all the units like that?

Edit: ROBOT! I mean vehicle-into-robot!

I found a place a while back that mentioned several different anime series that BattleTech had taken designs from. Suffice it to say that there are several and is why there is a suddent dramatic shift in Mech design in the newer games.

Even though most battletech mechs look like an eight year old thought up the designs. Very few of thier drawings looked remotely cool lol.

ROBOTECH may be frankenstein, but I have enjoyed it for years. It is probably my second favorite anime series' of all time.

First of which being, Record of Lodoss War, a sweet fantasy epic done in the grain of D&D and Dragonlance

Trev-Mun:
we have three different KINDS of cheese sticks- butter, oregano, and Garlic.

and about your signature, the last half of that sentance could be, "Or perhaps you're doing it too well"

The basic deal with the BattleTech mech designs is that they originally licensed/stole/whatever some of their designs from the Macross series (I suppose to avoid the expense/hassle of coming up with their own spiffy designs). Eventually, this was deemed legally a no-no, and they had to recall all the little miniatures or whatever they had made using the designs. FASA's stuff now has to use their own designs. At least that's how it was explained to me, I'm sure you can find all this stuff in a FAQ somewhere.

Back