Australian TV

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
I've noticed that there are a few Australians about the chat zone. Well, I thought I'd start a thread on Australian TV shows, for those who live in Australia and watch them regularly and those abroad who might watch Home & Away or Blue Healers. Which ones are your favourites?

Home and Away is on a Channel in the UK called Channel 5, which I can't get, but I'm thankful for that, since Home and Away stinks. I haven't seen Blue Healers in ages. It used to be ITV but no longer. I regularly watch Neighbours though

I used to watch Home & Away on and off, such as when they had Dodge on it, you remember him? Or Sol. My mother is a die hard fan of the show, but she doesn't watch it anymore. (Alf is developing mental problems, and is seeing his dead wife as if she was real. Sounds like the story of my life, but...) Blue Healers I'm going to have to promise to tape every week now. There have been some bloody rippers. Here, here's a web site with an episode guide and where you can post comments.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/EpisodeGuideSummary/showid-3333/season-1

Sure thing. You got a favourite character? My fave at the moment would have to be Tess, but my all time fave was Dash. But they're all good.

Well like I said, I haven't seen it in ages (Years in fact, since It's not on UK TV anymore), So I can't remember any of the Characters. Do you like Neighbours?

Because it's Neighbours, man! You can't watch Neighbours without going insane or at least losing your soul... Neighbours is pure evil, not to mention mind-numbingly stupid :p.

I remember years and years ago that Phillip broke a chair in a fight with his sister over watching it or not. Phillip wouldn't have minded going back to see the wedding between...oh, Phillip can't remember who they were, Kylie Minogue's character and her man. It was voted one of the best bits of TV. Plus Phillip's a bit of a Kylie fan. (She played Cammy in Street Fighter). But Phillip has never really watched it.

Because it's Neighbours, man! You can't watch Neighbours without going insane or at least losing your soul... Neighbours is pure evil, not to mention mind-numbingly stupid

As can be observed from Phillip's post:

I remember years and years ago that Phillip broke a chair in a fight with his sister over watching it or not. Phillip wouldn't have minded going back to see the wedding between...oh, Phillip can't remember who they were, Kylie Minogue's character and her man. It was voted one of the best bits of TV. Plus Phillip's a bit of a Kylie fan. (She played Cammy in Street Fighter). But Phillip has never really watched it.

Even though he "never really watched it", those few breif moments were enough for him to go momentarily insane and start a fight with his sister and break a chair. Now, years later, the mental stability has been deteriorating and he refers to himself in the thrid person and is a "Kylie fan" :D

Sure, you're sane. That's what they all say... and then they use capital letters in the middle of the sentence for words like "sane" and "pure evil"!

I don't see what's the problem with Neighbours. I'm not talking about the 80s Neighbours, I'm talking about the latest ones (well we in the UK are about 6 months behind you)

Originally posted by Quarto
Sure, you're sane. That's what they all say... and then they use capital letters in the middle of the sentence for words like "sane" and "pure evil"!

And then they put punctuation outside of quotation marks. Crazy bastards.

I think it's code... look:

I'm Sane, Home and Away is Pure Evil

See, he's saying "I Shape." I'm not quite sure why anyone would care that he shapes, but maybe it's part of some sort of evil plan.

Originally posted by steampunk
Even though he "never really watched it", those few breif moments were enough for him to go momentarily insane and start a fight with his sister and break a chair. Now, years later, the mental stability has been deteriorating and he refers to himself in the thrid person and is a "Kylie fan" :D

Heh. The reason for the third person is from reading about The Rock, who is like the biggest thing in wrestling history. Well, The Rock was saying that part of his character was that he always spoke in the third person. No one had ever tried that before, so Phillip thought it'd be cool to try that here. :)

Originally posted by TopGun
I don't see what's the problem with Neighbours. I'm not talking about the 80s Neighbours, I'm talking about the latest ones (well we in the UK are about 6 months behind you)
And we're talking about ALL the Neighbours. It's all pure evil. And they keep spawning the purest of evil things, that's right, the female actor turned pop star ... and Jason Donovan.

Phillip:
Who is "The Rock"?

Back