Armada cap ships...

swctc3.jpg

And a third.

clearclaw1.jpg

I fixed my 3DO! And here's a shot of the 'Claw from the cockpit of a Hornet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never have thought that a WC ship would be so drastically only because it is on another platform. But I like the WC1 Tiger's Claw much better.
And the 3DO Tiger's Claw looks indeed quite similar to the Lexington in the Armada intro.

The SWC Claw is much more a home for me, 'cos it was the first WC i ever played. That's why i like it more.

BAH! I liked the original and best Claw...the one in WC. If you manoeuvred your fighter into position it looked almost like a frog! :)

Thanks Loaf...wow, the SWC Claw looks heaps different to the original Claw...the the graphics in SWC look better than WCII :D COOL!

Also, does anyone think the Carrier sent on a mission as described by Victory Streak (the one leaving Goddard Transfer Station) is actually the Lexington from Armada? Perhaps an acknowledgement of the game by the WCIII desginers?

OK, that 3DO Tiger's Claw in the Armada intro looks quite similar to the Armada Lexington in the game :) .
Now iCe, in that case I understand. I guess the first carrier you get assigned to will always have a special place in your heart.

Hey, that 'third' pic of the SWC 'Claw completes the link between the game and the movie 'Claw for me. :) Hang on, the movie Concordia is the 'supercruiser,' what's the movie 'Claw?

Now how do we reconcile that one? Is the movie 'Claw the 'shorter-one-before-we-redesign-the Bengals' one?

No, the movie 'Claw is the same ship we served on in WC1 -- the specifications given for the Bengal class in the Handbook don't apply to it, though.

The difference is just how the ship appears between the diferent sources except for the fact that the Claw in the movie has a different name that the Claw in the Games/Books/TVshow. In the Movie both when they say the Claw's name and when they show it's diagram both call it the Tiger Claw. IE it is missing the 's so they could theoretically be 2 totally different ships, though I more or less attribute it to everybody in the movie having a lisp, including the computer :) <g>

All the Claws are special, escp. the movie one. With those torplauchers capships realy are capships. That way the can pack a bigger puch, with only turret they don't realy do much damage.

The Tiger's Claw is the same as the ship from the movie -- if you want to argue against this, you've been swallowing too many insane pills.

Back