Armada cap ships...

Eleazar

Rear Admiral
Does anyone know which cap-ship-classes you encounter in WC Armada (TCS Lexington, KIS Shiraak, both of the transporters)?

Eleazar

The Lexington is Lexington class, the Shiraak is Snakeir class. The transports don't have classes yet.

Damn ! So you only see fighters in the game ? Not even a transport to shoot down ?!

No, only carriers and tranports (Cap ships of course).
That was what made me give back the game (I had it from a friend, he asked me if I wanted but I said no, now I am sorry that I said that), I used two arrows as scots to find the enemy Carrier, after I narrow down, I close my carrier to the kill, I only lose a Carrier in the whole game, if it have cruisers and destroyers (or even corvettes), I would have keep it, but...
its a good game, I just was especting more, it was my mistake.

it was too bad one couldn't build cap ships but you COULD capture enemy transports, and I liked that when minerals were mined they actually had to be collected

Originally posted by Dragon
Yes, you can destroy transports in Armada.
I have done it (when I had the game)

Mmm, I might have tried it too, but as you'd have to shoot it when there's enemy fighters on your tail. I think if the enemy fighters are gone, the battle is over.

BTW, LOAF, there wasn't any smiley, so I assume you weren't joking. What Bengal in the intro. That was clearly the Lexington and the Shiraak, wasn't it?

Nope, the carrier in the intro is the SWC Tiger's Claw -- compare it to the Lexington in the gameplay... it's an entirely different shape and color <G>

Yeah, can someone post a pic of it.

Secondly, why would they have the Tiger's Claw in the intro if the game has nothing to do with it? Quite weird eh?

I'll hook my 3DO to my TV card later and take a picture.

It appears in the Armada intro because they just wanted to re-use existing animation (G)

Sorry about the fuzziness -- my 3DO needs a new weird 3DO connector thing, and a cleaning. I'll take some more once I get it back to working order (G)

The TCS Tiger's Claw, in Super Wing Commander...

swctc1.jpg

swctc2.jpg

Back