Are there any good Kilrathi artwork?

Actually, I'm not entirely sure that female kilrathi would have manes . . . well. . I take that back. The picture of the Sivar Priestess in SM2 had a mane. But, yes, I also took notice of the artwork in the Tomb of Sivar at the beginning of WCP. Some people have speculated that only Kilrathi priestesses have six breasts. OR, maybe that particular one was just freaky and had four fake boobs and two real ones.

Malar's Authoritee

The two variants of the word "two-legged" are probably well-known by me, but I 'arbitrarily' (I hope that is a usual word) used "duopedal". It exists already as a word, but possibly in the English vocabulary only as bipedal.

I've always preferred the six-breasted variation -- it makes the Kilrathi seem a little bit less like people in fur coats.

I know the novels indicate that they aren't actually cats, but I always preferred to think of them as walking, talking lions and tigers. Mostly lions, though.

This is something from an animated wing commander project I'm working on... he's a pilot!

KilrathiPilot.jpg

Very nice comic look!

But I can remember, that the Kilrathi have only three "fingers" and one "thumb" (on each front paw). And foremost manes (females only on their heads, males head-covering manes; in their face too or like lions/tigers ).

It looks like a own version, and thats ok.

This is a humanoid Mrrshan (human body, but with "jump-legs" and a tail). Realy nice to see: another kind of "hands".
Moo3MrrshanBitch.bmp

This artwork comes from MoO3 ( :( ).

But I can remember, that the Kilrathi have only three "fingers" and one "thumb" (on each front paw). And foremost manes (females only on their heads, males head-covering manes; in their face too or like lions/tigers ).

Thanks for the compliments :)

Yeah, I'll have to make sure I fix that paw thing, but for this shot, his hand will not likely be seen anyway, so it won't matter.
I didn't put a mane in because I wanted him to look more militaristicly groomed, it seems more plausible that the pilots cut their hair short to help with helmets and stuff, at least the lower class ones. I've also done a shot with an old priestess who actually has a mane, I just haven't finished it yet...

Corsair(pilot) said:
. . . I didn't put a mane in because I wanted him to look more militaristicly groomed, it seems more plausible that the pilots cut their hair short to help with helmets and stuff, at least the lower class ones. . .
Actually one of the books comments that the 'new' military style at the time was to cut their manes short. Your pilot picture is great, I'd definitely say that this is a great renerig of a Kilrah'hri (sp? - lowborn). Excellent work.

C-ya

That's not a criticism, only a statement (my comment of your picture). @Corsair

Kilrah'hra - One not of noble birth.
They worn dark/black fur - low caste & kilrathi race - fleeing foreheads.

I took that from your own CIC archives. ;-)

Thrak'hra is in contrast from noble birth. Bright Fur.
Thrakhath (mhh, what a creative name), Khasra, Ralgha, the Emperor are example for a Thrak'hra.

Melek is an example for a Kilrah'hra. But he belongs to the Kiranka family/clan/house, too.

Everyone has his right for own Interpredationen of it. Otherwise they would have to quarter or hang me already long.
So I could never like the scenario, in that kils are only stupid ones and their poor destiny is to become shoot from apes.

I think, Baron Jukaga nar Ki'ra is/was a Thrak'hra and he is/was smaller and "friendlier" than the regular Kilrathi.

But:
Plebejers (old latin (and maybe "germanized") word for a lower social and birth class, comparable with the proletarians) like the 'archetype of red haired and bleach skinned human people'* can only find in our lines.

*cliché / stereotype meaning - Nobody is after such a description automatically a Pleb. -.-'

Back